Masters Running

The Weekly Run & X-Training Thread w/e May 11th (Read 283 times)

We're down to only a few of us left...Any more takers out there? Dutchie42-53.72K + lots of PT eliz- 16.1 miles + kayaking...how fun evanflein- 32.4 miles + 4 walking...thawed out yet? evryday- 3 miles...recover slowly... lyndenrunner-18.2 miles pfriese- 22.6 miles...another one in recovery...hey that doesn't sound right Have a greta week !!! DUTCHIE-------GOOD LUCK IN YOUR MARATHON !!!
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-8@8:09 Tue-9@7:51 Wed-8@7:55 Thur-Off Fri-5@7:45 Sat-8@7:38 Sun-Off Total=38 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks Gordon and welcome into your racing season. With JJJ apparently embarking on a supposed 27-day voluntary taper for some reason or the other, I was a little nervous about cutting my current 21-day VT short yesterday with a long-planned 28 mile walk from Seattle to Everett but tomorrow's annual RB Celebration run will break it anyway and, besides, I'm still way ahead in the boomer taper parade with 36 VT days from the Seattle Marathon to the Resolution Run. Sunday (5/4) - 19 miles (5 miles run/4 miles walk - I only made it as far as a little past Lynnwood) Monday (5/5) - taper Tuesday (5/6) - RB one mile (+ CLE and baseball nighcap) Wednesday (5/7) - taper Thursday (5/8) - taper Friday (5/9-) - taper Saturday (5/10) - taper

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dutchie42

Hello Gordon, thanks for starting the thread Clowning around Mon......3.1K doggie fun run / recovery run. Despite yesterday's 27+K my legs feel great. Knee was holding up well. Plus PT appointment. PT was very happy with my progress. Tue.......rest day as per PT-orders. Just as well. Last day of clearing out the ground floor. They start on the floor heating tomorrow. Took loads and loads of rubble to the recycling thingy. Man, my legs are tired. I prefer a nice easy 30K, I really do. And there's still loads of stuff in my front garden that I have to take to be recycled. Wed......9.5K tempo run, or tried to at least Big grin And last PT appointment this week. Thu.......15.5K easy @ 22C. Took me forever to finish! A whopping 2 hours! Walkbreak everytime my HR went over 155. And that was often in this heat. Embarrassed Fri........rest day as PT ordered and drive up to Vise, Belgium. Sat......4.1K easy run in Vise Sun.....Maas Marathon. Finished in 5h15 and change. Temp was 25C (something like 77F?). Very scenic course.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Thanks Gordon. How's the diet coming along? Best wishes in that effort... doesn't work so well for me. The aimless no-plan running plan continues... Should get back to some weight lifting this week. Monday: No running, DS1 has soccer game (blowout: 12 to zero vs. Eielson AFB) Tuesday: 6.1 miles, avg pace 8:34 (got up at 5 a.m. for this run!!) Wednesday: 8.25 miles at 8:00 m/m avg pace, wow this felt great!! Thursday: 6 miles, 8:17 avg pace Friday: Rest Day (soccer all evening...) Saturday: 7.75 miles, 8:09 avg pace (trying new pace for HM, needs work) Sunday: 12.5 miles, 8:24 avg pace, plus walked a mile. Overheated today, needed water or something... Totals for the week: 40.6 running
              Thanks, Gordon. Monday - 5 miles; 4x800 repeats with 400 jog after each; 1 mile warm-up & cool Tuesday - rest; great dinner meeting at church with a few old friends Wednesday - (plan 2 EZ) ran 4 with temps in the 80s; pace down, HR up Thursday - (plan 3 at class) ran 2 at class Friday - sore after deep-tissue massage; iced, hydrated, and rested Saturday - rediscovered my sproink on a 4-miler Smile Sunday - (plan 8) only had time for 6.6, but it was sproinky too Smile Highest mileage week ever: 21.6!! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

pfriese

Thanks lyndenrunner.
                DayMilesComment
                Monday5.0 miles running done
                Tuesday7.1 miles running done
                Wednesdayrest daydone
                Thursday8.1 miles running done
                Friday4.8 miles running done
                Saturday14.0 miles bicycling 4.6 miles running done done
                Sunday16.3 miles runningdone
                Total45.9 miles running 14.0 miles bicyclingDONE DONE
                Paul

GreenMan

Thanks Gordon, I no soreness this week, No running, but other goodies... M..........50min elliptical hills, Planks 3x1 T...........walked 8 miles. Planks 3x1 W..........50min elliptical hills, Planks 3x1 T............4 miles walked with DW F............rest S............66 miles on bike S.............26 miles on bike, ~4 miles of bushwhacking jjj............no running (but only one more Sunday of no running left. )
                  Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                    thanks lyndenrunner... Mon....rest....,,,,,,,......rest Tues....Phoenix...........3 mile run in Phoenix Wed...Grand Canyon.....9 miles hiking..bunch of walking Thurs...Grand Canyon...6 mile run...bunch of walking Frid....Grand Canyon....rest Sat....no plan.............rest Sun...3 miles..............3 miles Total....12 miles
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    nowor

I've been helping DD1 survive the shock of having an adorable wonderful and healthy baby who came w/o an instruction book or a sleep schedule. Smile Running when I can, the weather has been great and still cool IRC!. Mon-3 mi Tues-strength training and ball/core classes Wed-4 mi Thurs-yoga class Fri-Can't remember but I didn't run Sat-slept and slept Sun-yoga and gardened Summary-7 pitiful miles but lots of other imp stuff