Masters Running

100KM del Passatore in Florence, Italy (Read 478 times)

#artbydmcbride

"....I definitely am now hooked on this Passatore race and will be back next year....."

Shocked  You. are. CRAZY!!!!!!

Runners run

Mariposai

After a short uncomfortable nap in the recovery room I crawled back in the shuttle to go back to the finish line where I went to pick up the well earned 3 bottles of wine every finisher received,

Surprised great...I had to read to the end first to see if you picked up your bottles of wine ( you all know that I am a red wine girl...did you get any red for me)

Congrats sister....what an amazing journey!!! I too have a few " journey dreams" left from my native land so your report  means a lot to me!!!

while I love the wine story....I love this segment of your RR

A fellow runner started  tagging along impressed by the way I was able to keep a good solid walking pace so  we decided to stick together and run/walk  for the last 25 miles....chatting and pushing each other helped a lot ..particularly during those last endless flat 10k....Dawn approaching ...we were  going to finish with daylight afterall.....we  decided we would  cross the finish line running .....and we did!!.... the clock  in the distance  about to turn  to 15h  so we sprinted  trying to beat it.....no....didn't make it by 9secs........it is exactly 6am..

magnificent work!!!! ohhhhhhhhhhhh ultra queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep dreaming to run a race with you!!!

We have somuch chattering to do Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I'd love to go to Italy, but I think I'll leave this race for you. Sounds like quite an experience and I love the finishers prize at the end! Sure beats another stoopid ol' tech shirt. Wink  I hope your feet have forgiven you and are on the way to being all healed up. I got a hugh blister from the heat and concrete at Seattle RnR, so I can imagine what your feet looked like at the end! Congratulations, Maniac.