Masters Running

Wednesday 4/8/15 Thunder-Boomer Workouts and runs (Read 34 times)

Mariposai

Dang it, I hate the days I am so busy that I can not read the daily.

But you will want to see this. The Omak orchards are indeed getting ready for our racers.

4.5 miles during lunch break today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Well I knew Billy and Ribs because I've met both of them (Billy at the 2009 Boston marathon, we ran side-by-side for awhile), but I wasn't sure about the guy on the right. Bart Yasso you say? Alrighty then....

tomwhite, when is your sale finalized? It will sure be good to be out from under that responsibility. Sort of like home ownership vs. renting....

Tammy, how'd the intervals to tonight? That coach of yours is a task master to get you working! GL to David on his competition this weekend.

Gorgeous orchard picture, Mariposai! What are those tree?

Another crazy day at work today. Planned to leave around 4:15 or 4:30, but didn't get out till almost 5:30. And that's after working thru lunch. Need to do better at that. Our open enrollment starts next week so this is real crunch time for me in getting everything ready. Hopefully things will slow down a bit after next week. Soon the trails will be ready to run on and I'll try to get out at mid-day for a run which will help break up my day and probably really help my attitude. But today... I ran away from the office by running home from work. 9.7 miles before DH picked me up. Good thing, too. I'd gotten a small rock in my shoe and was trying to dig it out but couldn't. Found out later it was in my sock! No wonder....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Ribs looks the same but since the others seem to have gained too much weight to be (1) Boston Billy, at least when I got to run with him in the final sprint a little south of erika-land in 1979 in a one-hour out-and-back hundreds of others got to do with him too,  and (2) Mr. 800, to say nothin of already having less hair than ribs and most of us.  As a result, I thought it might be an old picture Ribs had of himself and an his old friends Spyridon Louis, or was it Pheidippides himself?   .  
        Still no running miles for me since the saga of 18,000 plus air miles in the last two weeks through today started, or it is already tomorrow again today?  but, when I do, I hope it’s through mariposai’s apple orchards to culminate the plum, cherry and peach blossom viewings at the Osaka Castle grounds in February, March and April, respectively.  No wonder I love running so much.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

-- - plum blossoms (February)  - - -

Please check Osaka Tour of

- - - cherry blossoms (March) - - -

- - - peach blossoms (April) - - -

Momo Blossoms in Akita

. . .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

This time of year, these storms really make everything explode into bloom, and if you sit still for a moment, you can watch the grass grow it grows so fast.  By the weekend we will have forsythia and dogwoods and tulips and daffodils and the grass will be green and lush - I love it.

I'm ready.

Hang in there TW. You're a valued member of this little community.

That's sad about the dept secretary and her family, Fatozzig.

I have been so dang busy getting ready to go on my trip this weekend.  I'm trying to train somebody in at work to do my stuff for the few days I'm gone.  My boss has known about my time off for months and never did anything about it...now, I'm spending time that I don't have, trying to train somebody in at the last minute.

I know the feeling.

Oh the blossoms!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

30-min bikeride in lowest gear today

followed

by a 40-min poolrun, no belt, closed fists, deep end only

Nice workout!  I would sink like a rock....

Go David!

Mike - are you still keeping an eye out for a different job? That guy really takes advantage of you.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."