Masters Running

Wed Oct 15 Runs and Workouts (Read 681 times)

Good morning, all! Hmm, got back from our runs and the internet was down -- I needed to reset the DSL router and our wireless router. What was that all about? Legs were a little tired this morning, from what I have no idea. So I took it nice and easy. 5.1 miles, 44:56, 8:49/mi, AHR 138 Happy Wednesday!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

My network components need to be reset from time to time also Lou. Like Lou's run, but nicer and easier. 5 miles at 10:05 min/mile recovery pace. Average HR 122, highest HR 129. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning! It was calm and dry out this morning so MrHopeful let me go outdoors for my run. Wink Actually, I think that treadmill run might have helped me yesterday! Getting out on the roads today I found myself to be quite zippy (for me). I'm thinking a cinnamon donut is in order. 9:09 / 154 9:09 / 165 9:14 / 172 9:33 / 174 Avg. pace 9:15 - avg. HR 166 No more running now until Saturday morning - just a short 2 miler. Cheers! #6106

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

WRFB.. 5 mile run and computer trouble shooting all by 6:30.. yawn.. The Holiday Inn Express network is working fine this morning Smile Bib 6106... the final stretch! Soleus stretching then 6 miles in 54:10 (9:02 pace, AHR 156) then soleus stretching.... rehab continues.. little better every day.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Wildchild – that was a tough workout yesterday. Peeping Tim… Big grin 5 slow and stiff recovery miles for me today, on legs still tired from yesterday’s workout. Pushed these shoes over the 530 mile mark today, so I guess it’s time to retire them. I have two other pairs I'm rotating, though, and a brand new pair in the closet for later. That half price sale at Sierra Trading Post was the best! Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Jlynne

4.5 miles on the dreadmill at the Y this morning. Broke out my new Saucony Rides this morning. What great shoes! I've been wearing Asics forever, but the guy at the new running store in town (who actually runs so he knows what he's talking about) suggested these. I wanted to wear them on the treadmill in case I needed to take them back, but I think they're keepers. Will try them for a 5K race this Saturday. Heard from DS#2 last night. Halfway through boot camp and he sounds good. That's the first time I talked to him since he left in September. He'll graduate on November 14, and I think a celebration is in order. Big grin Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning Everyone, Internet is off and on this morning as some storms move through...may not make it through this post. Sounds like this is a day of shorter easy runs...4 easy recovery miles for me last night. Well Holly, the gal I was peeping at is the same person I mentioned already having her Christmas Tree up....I was "checking out" her decorations Big grin Mary, the weather looks good for your Marathon, huh? Need to go before I get booted off the net. Have a good day, TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Jlynne - that is GREAT news! Wow Holly - I'm happy to get close to 300 miles on a pair of shoes. Timbo - the weather is looking like it may be perfect! I saw the word "breezy" on our local weather for Sunday - so got on line to check the other side of the state and it should be calm (oh please, oh please, oh please!)

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Good morning. Firewood cross-training last night; hauled and stacked three cords. I can feel it in my lower back a bit this morning. A couple Ibuprofen and a rest day for me. Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Timbo - the weather is looking like it may be perfect! I saw the word "breezy" on our local weather for Sunday - so got on line to check the other side of the state and it should be calm (oh please, oh please, oh please!)
                      Not only that, but the crew that is tearing down Tiger Stadium got carried away the other day and accidentally demolished the "wall" that had been installed at the 20-mile mark. So for this year at least, there is no wall for you to run into. Enjoy! No run today, but will be going out for a long bike ride in a little while after it warms up just a bit.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #3309

Windy conditions is one of my fears too Mary....hate the thought of pushing through wind and try to hold MP. Here is Mary's Marathon site if you want to have a peek...that have online tracking of racers which will be cool Cool http://detroitmarathon.com/ Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

Made it 3 mi in 25:54 with Renee. Felt like a death march for the first part, but back part was better. I definitely think it was the fish. Ankle tendons are unhappy, but felt pretty good on the boards. As the Atlantic City half is almost entirely run on the boardwalk, I don't think I'll be in too bad of shape by Sun. Perch, one thing someone once said to me helped me with my soleus training -- it was after you are in the bend to reach back with the edges of your heel to be sure they are on the ground (while not coming out of the stretch). I was thinking of you this morning when I remembered that. Good runs and tapers to all!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - I'm happy to get close to 300 miles on a pair of shoes.
                            Well, how do you really know when they are done? I've heard people say they start getting aches and pains, but I nearly ALWAYS have some sort of aches and pains when I run regardless of the shoe. Last week I had a particularly sproinky run in these same shoes, which were over the 500-mile mark at that time, so I can't blame today's aches on the shoes, but rather yesterday's intervals. I just figure I'm supposed to retire them by now, so I will, but they still LOOK fine.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hill Runner

Good morning all, My finger is doing well this morning... I cut off the dead layer of skin last night and it's healing very well. Tramps...if you want any firewood I've got tons sitting here. Come over and get it before I burn it up. Smile 10.17 miles of hills @ 9:02 pace on a beautiful fall morning and running most of it by Full Moonlight. Good runs to all today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                              Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                              Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Mariposai

Cheers to Marathon Mary. Go #6106 Timbo praying for warm weather for you. Remember....relax, trust in your training and most importantly...enjoy the adventure. That goes for you too Mary. Ran 5 miles last night with 4 of them at 8:45. It felt good. Dry test run today for my telehealth teaching starting tomorrow. Butterfly hugs to twocats as you deal with the news about your friend. I will PM you some info that I was able to gather for you. Erika, butterfly hugs to you too. Worrying about you my sistah...maybe a phone or mirc chat is in order this weekend Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard