Masters Running

Sunday, Nov 9 runs and workouts (Read 477 times)

Mariposai

What??? we are still seeking for sanity?.... I thought we lost our sanity when we started marathon running Yes Just thinking that all those who can not run today should show up to the Seattle marathon in June 09.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

The Rackster checking in . . . went out for a GRG run today - 3.2 miles on the trails. Even got my shoes a little muddied up. I think that qualifies as GRG. I don't remember if I mentioned it yesterday, but my feet were incredibly sore later that day after my race. I've been having sore feet issues for several weeks now - after every run. yesterday was probably the worst. Today I decided to wear my old Asics Foundation 7's (I have been wearing the Foundation 8's for the last 250 miles). My 7's have around 275 miles on them. And even though I only ran a little over 3 miles, my feet felt so much better. Not completely pain free, but way better than other times. I'm beginning to think that maybe the 8's are different enough that they've been causing some of my issues. I am going to wear my 7's this week and at this Saturday's HM and see how the feet feel. Unfortunately, the 7's have been discontinued, so I might be on a scavenger hunt trying to find a place that still has some in stock. Tammy Sue

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

What??? we are still seeking for sanity?.... I thought we lost our sanity when we started marathon running Yes Just thinking that all those who can not run today should show up to the Seattle marathon in June 09.
        Mari...I wanna come to the party....no wait, I will be at the party....heck, I will be the life of the party. Only limping around for a few more days, TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

xor

Wait. The Rackster?!?

Mariposai

Great, so we have Timbo for the party in June. Now...do I have a pacer for Wenatchee in April?? Roll eyes

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

oops - I meant the ROckster! My bad Clowning around

Tammy

Mariposai

the rackster, the rockster........let us chat in mirc Cool

xor

rockLOBster. (everyone had matching towels)

evanflein

And the insanity continues... 35 minutes on the elliptical (yeah, I can do the elliptical now!!), 30 minutes on the stationary bike, 15 or so minutes of weights and abs (that overhead cable rope crunch at 130 lbs is awesome... Holly do you still have your "gym membership??"), finish up with 10 minutes of pool running at a brisk "pace." Yes I think I'm going crazy. Deb, the reason weights aren't good for me in excess is because I get built up pretty quickly. If I don't have something to distract me, like running, I spend too much time on it... it's complicated. Hmmmm. Tim... you're coming to Seattle in June!!??