Masters Running

Simply Saturday, 5/31 daily (Read 38 times)

I spent a long time pondering what to do about running this race or not.

After riding for several hours on Monday in Montana I aggravating a nagging pain in my hip.  With sadness this morning I decided to skip the race.When I woke up during the night and the hip ached just turning over I knew that running 13.1 would not be a good idea. I am disappointed to not be running the race, but this way I got to see my sister's new house in Huron, a two hour detour, but it was nice to see them.

Oh, when I went to pick up my packet last night the gal said to me "This is just for the half and the full, the 5k is over there." Grrrr........

2,788 miles in 8 days! We got home an hour ago, and now I have tomorrow to unpack and unwind. This was our best mileage....

See ya!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

sounds like you made the right decision Starr re: the race.

some of you might know this answer or where to find this answer, but David is curious about what the regulations are for highschool runners who enter local races where there is prize money. I believe there is a cap on how much a HS athlete can earn to not jeopardize their HS qualification but i can't find anything. does anyone here know?  A few mos back he won $150 for a 1st place finish and we are in another race next wknd where they are giving prize money again, so he's curious what his earning limit can be. thanks for any answers or pointing me in the right direction.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

14 of the 16 entrants ran sub 4's. dang!

If MikeE hasn't already done it, I'll give that a double-dang.

Especially since it's the 60th anniversary of the first one in May 1954

ps - send coach the prize money question so you'll have the answer in writing, . . .

however, a lot of good that will do you though if it's wrong.

Maybe ask him where y ou can find the rule rather than is it okay.

Good luck.

pps - David can enter under my name <<<(50%/50%)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet, Ribs and TomWhite - hilarious!

Starr - sorry about missing the race, but it sounds like you had a nice trip.  Great pictures!  I can barely believe that mileage.  My Mountaineer gets 14-17mpg and, living 40 minutes from work, I spend a ridiculous amount on gas every week.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Happy 34th Stumpy!!

I'm with ya Dave, darn kids growin up and all. Every time one of them rascals bailed on us, we lost slave labor.

Sorry about missing the race Starr. Doing the smart thing can be tough.

Tag and I did 4 miles for Jan and Jlynne.

When we got home, I started putzing around in the garden and a bald eagle through. It was carrying a small, still wet fish.

SteveP

Tet, Ribs and TomWhite - hilarious!

Starr - sorry about missing the race, but it sounds like you had a nice trip.  Great pictures!  I can barely believe that mileage.  My Mountaineer gets 14-17mpg and, living 40 minutes from work, I spend a ridiculous amount on gas every week.

Holly, gotcha! We actually averaged 26 mpg for the whole trip. I took this photo as we were driving down Spearfish canyon yesterday morning. We drove out to the trailhead where the half was to start and I asked him to reset the odometer to see how far the distance on the road compared to the trail.  We have a Ford Escape and this is the first long trip we have taken with it. The old Escape with the manual transmission got better mileage but had 265,000 miles on it. I was tired of shifting so now have a geek-mobile with all that techy stuff.  I live 1.36 miles from work so should probably walk!

It is good to be home and I got a great night's sleep.  I think it's storming out in Deadwood by the looks of weatherunderground.com. I had already decided not to wear my newer shoes on that trail, they would have been a muddy mess.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich