Masters Running

Thursday daily (the original) 8-14-14 (Read 37 times)

It must be hard to be a trackrat of any kind up there but, since batman’s claiming trailrat,,
    maybe you can be trailcat or something.  Have you ever seen any lynx up there?

However, good luck on flying to Minneapolis on Northwest. 
    If not, maybe try Wien Alaska, Northern Consolidated or Reeve Aleutian. Smile  Smile
    In fact, I may still have some Wien coupons for permanent fund dividends. 

ps enke - have fun with, , . . I mean watch out for that guy

who doesn't train that much, especially if he's that fast anyway.

pps - ask divechief (you too) about joining a couple of septuagenarians

(that would be Sylvia and me) and 82yo IM Dr. Frank

at the Labor Day Half (changed to 8/31 this year)

The Wein family is well known here. Yes we have seen lynx on a couple occasions up north and they are near here. We watched one swim a half mile across the Yukon River.

evanflein

So we have a bit of a reprieve, I guess. The vet offered to take Abby home over the weekend when they're closed. This is a relief in a way, but it also tells me they recognize that she's in pretty bad shape. Poor kitty girl! But I am glad she'll have professional attention while we're gone.

Ran 3.8 pretty easy miles tonight after work. It was kind of late, but I wanted to get the miles in anyway. Good thing was I ran the whole bit without a single break. I know, doesn't seem like much, but that's a long grinding uphill to get back home and I frequently go at it too hard and take a couple rest breaks. Felt good though. Now to finish packing, take a shower and head to the airport.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good luck in Denver, Erika!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good luck in Denver, Erika!

+1

And I am glad the vet has Abby for the weekend - like you said, she'll have a professional attending her, so no worries, just have a great race!

Enke - very cool!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

+1

And I am glad the vet has Abby for the weekend - like you said, she'll have a professional attending her, so no worries, just have a great race!

Enke - very cool!

what Holly said.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.