Masters Running

Lincoln Marathon report (Read 194 times)

Good work, selb3
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
    coastwalker

Hi Dave, Congratulations on 11 straight Lincoln Marathons; 27 in total; having finished the race (even if it wasn't your best); and on your great support of TNT. By definition, not every marathon can be your best, but there are lessons to be taken home from each of them. I'm sure you'll do a good analysis of this race, and run better in the next one because of it. Thanks for your support of TNT: Its an important issue for which to raise funds, and it helps to get more and more people out exercising. But it couldn't happen without the coaches, so you ought to be proud of what you help accomplish for the organization. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

What can you say other than with marathons sometimes you run faster than others. A lot goes into what happens any one day. You cannot really "blame" it on any one thing. As with all these races the most important thing is to just enjoy the experience. After scoring my PW in a marathon I was bummed. Now I look back at the race with fond nostalgia! I hope you end up doing the same.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Manchild

As Roy said/wrote... I'd be pleased with a 4:06 for sure. Good job and Congrats, Dave. Chris