Masters Running

Reluctant Monday - August 22 Runs & Stuff (Read 543 times)

evanflein

Orange Mat, I call those iPod Fartleks. Lots of fun, and you can do it on the treadmill or outside. Nice run for you today!  And yeah, I play the roadkill game a lot. And it's good incentive to keep going, because as soon as you pass someone, you become the one with the target on your back!

As a rule, I try not to get up early to run. But I have done it at conferences sometimes when the rest of the day is too busy or hot to get a run in. I think I got up around 5:30 to run a few times in AZ and FL.

Today I ran on the bike paths around the resort here, ending up at the golf course before turning around. Had a few wrong turns (why would a trail just dead end??) and a couple of stops to admire the river. There are stone steps here and there from the path down to the river, and I couldn't resist going down a couple of those. Pretty neat stuff. I bet that river would be nice to soak my feet in, but I didn't want to take off my shoes to test it. Anyhow, came back a different way, meandered on some boardwalk style bridges over streams and marshy stuff, just wandered around. 6.25 miles, about 8:05 pace overall. Now I'm going on a hike with DH and others from his group here. Should be fun, and yes I'm taking my Garmin! Big grin

...erika would be good at The RoadKill Game.......

and

this is coming from one who IS RoadKill

=======

...but RestDay today..............poolrun tomorrow

...........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Maniac 505

Mari: sounds like a great adventure, and you were in Seattle just in time for the final day of Hempfest!

Ribs: Great race and Happy Birthday

((Leslie))

Speaking of Hempfest, I am finally beginning to get my park back.  6 miles through it this morning.  I can't believe the piles of garbage but it is getting picked up and tents are coming down.  I am guessing maybe 500,000 people over the three days, two blocks from my condo.  It will be good to see the neighborhood get back to normal.

Dave

OrangeMat

MM #6177

If anyone has an extra lung, I could use it.  I've coughed up both of mine.  The Humboldt Crud.  Yes, that's official medical name.  Even the doctor's office calls it The Humboldt Crud.  Going to see her today to get something for the coughing.  It's killing my asthma.

Totally missed this earlier... feel better!!

Mariposai

Divechief, HEmpfest??? did not hear about it!

The earliest I have been up to go running, not a race? It is 4:30 to be able to fit in a Long run before work (but then again, I am up at 4:45 most days so I can go to run at 5am). One time I was in bed tossing and turning, the clock said it was only about 1am, so I decided to take advantage of the full moon and the fresh power of snow to go running for about one hour. My town is very, very save so I can do crazy things like that with no problem.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Leslie, you can borrow one of my lungs for a while, but I'll want it back when you feel better.

Karin, congrats on 1st  woman at your race yesterday! And an 83 mile week is amazing.

Dave, I don't get up early to run.  Not a morning person.  I've gotten up at 5:30 am for an 8:00 race, but that's about it.

PBJ, nice 23 miler in the fog yesterday. I love running in the fog - doesn't happen very often here.

Holly, how's the new morning schedule working out so far?

OM, speedy run for you today!  Sounds like fun. 

Erika, glad you decided to go for that hike with DH. Hope his knees were OK! Nice run this morning, too - seems like you don't need any real recovery after a marathon! 

Where's Mary?  Too busy enjoying her new pond to stop by and say hi?

And where's Jlynne?  Over at Mary's?

Planning my usual trail RAW.  Same old boring routine... NOT!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

I did go on that hike! That was fun. And yes indeed, I took my Garmin. Here's the elevation profile (I'm really getting a kick out of this elevation stuff, if you haven't noticed):

Not that much elevation change here.  Had a good classic tempo run, 20 minutes, at HMP.  Well, at that pace it would be a PR of 1:52:18.  So ready for some cooler temps if they ever come.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

wildchild

Carolyn

Fun trail run after work, about 5 miles at 13:01 avg pace. Man, I love trail running.  Who cares if it's slow? I was passing rocks and trees like they were standing still!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Fun trail run after work, about 5 miles at 13:01 avg pace. Man, I love trail running.  Who cares if it's slow? I was passing rocks and trees like they were standing still!

You GO Girl!!