Masters Running

Maine Marathon Race Report - Very Long (Read 290 times)

I went through the start about 10 seconds after the gun and stayed to the right as I knew my wife was going to be about a quarter mile down on the right. Sure enough I can see her as we round a curve and head over to “slap her five” and get a quick “I love you, good luck”…that is always a good feeling knowing she is there and will be at the end cheering me on.
    After that, was there any doubt? Props to your support crew. And a truly well-deserved congrats on your PR....Great, great stuff.
    SteveP

Maine!!! Sweet race!!!! RRs rock...Yours had a PR too!!!!!! It sounds like you had a great time.

SteveP

Congrats Bob...Great race and a nice PR...and you look so fresh in your picture
        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

King of PhotoShop

This was a pleasure to read, especially because you were "owed" this performance based on how strong and fast a runner you are. This time you had 3 things going for you: you have always done your speedwork and that was well in place, particularly the last month with some very comfortable, but fast and even splits at the longer distances; secondly, you got in all of your long workouts, many of them in quite warm weather, so you were tough going into the race, and finally, you stayed injury-free throughout your entire build-up and maintained a strong plan. I am very happy for you Bob. I'm sure the 50+ crowd would be thrilled to have you stop in just once and post your RR there. We were all pulling for you. Spareribs