Masters Running

The Wednesday Daily, 3.25.15 (Read 38 times)

Henrun

Finally hit 40+ degrees here and the sun was out. Ran 5 on the Charles. First time this year since our massive snowfall. Many runners out-mostly in shorts. This Saturday we're doing a 5 K in nearby Malden.

Finally hit 40+ degrees here and the sun was out. Ran 5 on the Charles. First time this year since our massive snowfall. Many runners out-mostly in shorts. This Saturday we're doing a 5 K in nearby Malden.

Sounds great, Henry. Always nice to see everyone stripping down as soon as it "warms up!"

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Sayhey! MM#130

Ribs!  Hiya!  I've run that marathon.  It is BEAUTIFUL.  As I recall, there is a fair bit of downhill for the first half or perhaps even beyond, to mile 15 or 16 or so.  The toughest part is that it tends to be cool when you start and you tend to zip down those downhills, which is lovely, but then the end of it is more in town, mostly on a bikepath, but flatter and warmer.  You can run out of steam early if you don't rein yourself in at the start.

Hope this helps.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

New skirt in town

Jay--congratulations on the election!!

Holly, we had a Parent-teacher conference this morning, and it was so great!  I always feel nervous, like I'm back in school again, and I'm worried that I'M in trouble!

Henry, I saw your picture from your run, and was so jealous at your being able to run out of doors again here!  I've been hitting the treadmill big time, with 50+ mile weeks, mostly tread milling.  I will say that I just started watching a new series, "Call the Midwife", and I'm just loving it!  It makes me want to stay on and on and on.

I was in San Francisco last weekend, for a quick 2.5 day trip.  My running plan included only several 10-mile runs in a row, because I had done a 19-miler (on the treadmill!) the weekend prior, and I have a 19-miler planned this weekend. But the weather in SF was so lovely and gorgeous that I ditched my afternoon meetings and extended my run to a 16.5 miler out onto the Golden Gate Bridge and back to the hotel.  What a joy to run out of doors on such a nice day!  As much as I'm enjoying Call the Midwife, nothing holds a candle to an outdoor run!

Anyone who is going to be in the Boston area on Marathon weekend is welcome to come to my pre-marathon Par-Tay!  I'd love to see you, and don't hesitate to bring friends or family for a nosh or a drink.  Children welcome! https://www.facebook.com/events/796909227024022/

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

My internet...or wifi...or whatever it is that allows me to use the Internet at home is down, so I haven't been able to post for a couple of days.  I finally figured out out to set the Mobile AP on my phone...which makes me wonder why I should pay for Internet at all...

Anyway...yes, Amy, I did get into the Marine Corps Marathon...woo hoo!  Did you, too?  Did anybody else?

Hey!  Enke came in and left without saying how her walk went...what's up with that?

I ran 6 miles yesterday and took a rest day, today, because I had a meeting at church after work, tonight.  Tomorrow is going to be tough run...and the weather is not going to be very nice...dang.

Why is it that, whenever, I'm getting close to having to get on an airplane, there is news of another crash?

Oh!  I almost forgot!  I had the weiredest dream the night before last.  TomS and my boss went to the local baseball field so my boss could hit some balls...he said he was a really good batter.  I went along to shag the balls in the outfield, but I ended up behind the plate and, basically played catch with Tom.  Pitch after pitch after pitch, my boss would talk about how good of a batter her was and he would explain exactly how he was going to hit the ball and where it was going to land and on and on and on...then Tom would pitch the ball and every ball would do something different, so my boss would just flail at the ball and look completely ridiculous.  Of course, Tom was just very complimentary about my bosses swing and how he "almost got ahold of that one"...and then Tom would throw another one that would make him look just as ridulous.  It really was hilarious...and then I woke up...and had to go to work...

Okay--that's it--gotta go--see ya!

Mariposai

Funny dream about TomS and your boss, MikeE. Ohh, don't worry about the plane crush, they are so rare that they make a big news about it. Just think how many people had a car crush around the world today. 

Another great daily thread and yet another day when I am just too busy to comment on anything.. But I did managed to run 6 miles between work hours today. It is actually fun to have such a flexible work schedule to be able to do that.

Tomorrow is going to be grand...I can feel it in my bones.

Posie.

Ohh, Hi Jay, thanks for starting tomorrow's daily for us.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Ohh, Hi Jay, thanks for starting tomorrow's daily for us.

me too, especially now that I just got back to where I can do a run on the same day that I do it except I got a nice headache too that didn't make the 12 hour flight back too much fun so I guess I can only be sick (and get it checked out too( on the same day that I'm sick.  oh well.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)