Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 11.18.14 (Read 32 times)

mrrun

Ribs - not even in my dreams do I go that fast!

Mustang Sally - welcome!  some folks I know born in Toronto can't stand the cold either!

Holly - looks like couscous in size only.  half cauliflower was finished by the two of us.

Twocat - sorry about the vampire.  I used to get my flu shot from dept of public health and there were some nurses we avoided.  they were brought in once a year and didn't have enough practice.

Hawaii - how many runners can fit in a suitcase?

For those who asked yesterday, my 10K cost $52, which is on the high end but certainly not unheard of for races these days. And including the AG award (a nice travel coffee cup), I probably came out ahead for once!

MS, I've wondered if you'd ever find your way back here to RA, although I've of course been following you on FB. You picked a fine time to move to AA, since in my 50 years in Michigan, last winter and the start of this one have been the worst I've experienced! But then, you used to be from around here anyway.

Like a number of others here (Jlynne, MS, C-R, Twocat), 15 degrees and windy were too much for me so I went to the OU rec center and ran a bit on the track until I found that it bothered my knee, so finished on the TM and then went swimming for a while. The pool was not very busy when I started, and at the end I looked around a realized that I was the only one there (besides the lifeguard of course). So we're talking about a NCAA competition-size pool and it's just me swimming back and forth in one of the lanes! Actually bothered me since I knew that the lifeguard would just be looking at me all the time, so I got out.

Have a good Tuesday, everyone -- what;s left of it anyway.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Cool...Mustang Sally is back!

No run tonight, just wrestling practice...still frustrating.  After watching the kids play the same game for 20 minutes, the coach came over and asked me if I remember any fun games I played in wrestling practice.  I told him we never played games in wrestling practice...we wrestled.  I don't think he'll ever talk to me again.   I ran 11 miles on the treadmill, yesterday, in 1:27:37...now, I have a blister on my little toe.

Okay--that's it from me.  See ya!

5.2 miles for me this morning before another busy day -- daily mass, gel shopping, lunch with a friend then over to another friend's new house, then to the new WEGMEN'S!!!  Holy cow!!  That place is more like a mini mall than a supermarket!!

Just soaked in the hot tub --- starting to freak out -- have NOT packed one blessed thing yet!!!!  NEED TO STAY HOME TOMORROW!!!!!!!  (ya right)

Aamos - I'm in corral 6, orange --- will see you FRIDAY!!

Hi MustangSally!!

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Belated greetings.  Sunday and Monday after the race were the vacation part of the trip, so DW and I went to see things around Richmond and took a trip to Fredericksburg (right near Tramps) with her cousin and his DW.  My legs were pretty sore for the rest of Saturday, but no problem walking around on Sunday.  So not a lot of time to sit down and write.  or read.  Now that I'm back to work, I'll have a little more time

I haven't had a run since, so tomorrow, in celebration of the polar vortex, I think I will get the long pants out and take a little run.

Enjoy Wegmans Deez.  As an ex-Rochesterian, I know all about it.  FIL swears by anything Wegmans.

Welcome back MS--hope to see you around for a while.

Mike--the truth can set you free.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

C-R: my grandmother used to say "you-know" for where I lived a little southeast of erika-land in the banana-belt in those days. I don't know yuper but it sounds good. Speaking of erika-land, have fun with DH and DS in Hawaii. I can see lots of mutural pride around you all.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

AMY - For some reason, I can't do bold, italics, paragraphs or anything anymore and everything just runs together, . . .just like my brain. Must be an age thing. Anyway, it's time for something different for you up here, like adding a PNW ultra to your Florida one. They're too small, low-key to be listed yet but there's usually annual three-to-five loop runs around the 10-mile perimeter fence at Lake Youngs in January and April plus 10-20 times over the Memorial Day weekend in the Pigtails centuries. I'll be trying again next year and hope this will be your first choice. . . . . . . . Otherwise, my now favorite ultra is the 12-hour counterclockwise run around Carkeek Park with two crossings of Piper's Creek during the fall salmon spawning season and clockwise in April with the forest birds singing overhead. However, both pale to the second best option which would be the Cougar Mountain Marathon in August or 50K in October that Mariposai ran last month. You could also do a regular road marathon combined with the monthly Cougar Mountain runs that Enke (aka-bloodyknee mountain goddess) likes from 5-mile (May) to 10-mile/half marathon in July. The best though is the White River 50-mile at the end of July. However, maybe check with CNY's amy as it might need more mountain running preparation than's available in Florida. YIPPEE. You can stay at the Panama Hotel too You'll love it! ..so will we.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ps - even without a mention of the state in my prior post. the name of any city, race or anything but erika, all-of-a-sudden RA's featuring travel links to erika-land. Last time it was so fast was when I mentioned the name of the travel document needed between two nation-states that I think wildchild's DD was needing. I hope sayting it that way avoids pre-empting the ones from the state where erika lives.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

excuse me for a moment, please . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Alaska / Alaska / Alaska . . . . . . (sorry)

Mariposai

Taper boy, you are so funny. If I ever run a marathon in Alaska, I hope you are running it too. It would be fun to run with an "old Alaskan".

Knowing that Mustang Sally is in Michigan makes me ache for not being able to make it to the RA family reunion there, but my DH and I will be in Macedonia the month before visiting our son and there is no way I could afford another trip a month later.

Since the Easy Pacer is gone for his 4 day training to be an AARP train the trainer tax for volunteers in the county, I had the chance to hangout at the gym a bit longer. I did some gym diva core exercise with my girl friends, then I hit the blessed TM.

I did have a fun run on the TM. To avoid boredom I decided to do a progression run by increasing the speed by 30' every 10 minutes. I ended up with 20' at tempo pace in the last two miles of the 7 miles. Who says that TM running is boring?

Dream, dream, dream my friends.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard