Masters Running

Isn't today Monday?... the 6/6 daily (Read 585 times)

Mari- maybe you should try Bayshore in Traverse City Mi It is a really flat coarse and beautiful coarse as well. I PRed by 18 minutes on that coarse.  I am a lot like you my best time, was well short of BQ, and I have kinda given up hope.  When I was my lightest 07, I still needed to lose another 15 pounds to get my time in the ball park, people thought I had Cancer or something.  Now I am paying the price for my depression and injuries having put on over 70 pounds, 30 plus of that I have lost again.  So dream your dream and run well.

wildchild

Carolyn

DH made a chinup bar by hanging a piece of plastic pipe from an overhead beam.  I tried some tonight and managed 1 pullup and 3 chinups.  I'll have to keep working on them.

4 steep trail miles after work on my favorite meadow trail in the mountain state park.  It was 90° in town, and only 70° at the trailhead.  Sometimes I love living and working at very different altitudes because I can choose my season.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Also I  looked for other races in the area and the only two around here . . . conflicts with major family plans

You are a very wise one of the good runners if you know that family plans trump running.  However, it's gunna make me and the local RA contingent very, very sad if it means we'll miss you at the Seattle RnR at the end of this month and the BQ'ing Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel Marathon descending over 26.2 miles from Snoqualmie Pass to the Issaquah Valley in July.  Not as sad though as thinking you would ever give up on your BQ dream. I know some runners whose BQ dreams continue to live, at lesst in their minds, after almost four decades of running.  Don't you ever give up on yours either. 

ps - check with others who have done it but running Boston is more than just being able to have concrete proof  of a BQ that you are fast.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)