Masters Running

Sunday 27th Boomer runs (Read 495 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good Morning! Breeger.. I used to do Ladder workouts pool running went like 1 min hard 1 min easy, 2 min hard 1 min easy up to 6 min and then back down. Really a great workout. I'll think I'll try that on land next week. The hard parts were about 90% of max heart rate. Today was just runnin. 6.6 miles about General Aerobic effort except heart rate was high due to 68F and 85% humidity. Gotta get used to this! 8:25 pace with mile 5 at 7:42. Tory ran first 4.6 mi and was dragging so I took him home. He's not used to the warmer temps either. Hope evryday's first Marathon was a blast! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning! Out for a very slow 6 miles. This heart rate training thing is a very good test of self discipline. Running that slow for that long is not an easy thing to do. Averaged a 12:07 mile and 146 AHR. I'll keep working on it. Dg - I saw your note yesterday and will shoot you an e-mail tomorrow. I'm not on-line much on the weekends due to dial-up internet. Oy! Happy Sunday! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

King of PhotoShop

Lou, since you asked, it was low 50's. The weather here is never as nice as it always is in Michigan where dg and Roch live. The Saint and I just got back from an easy 4-miler and to impress me she did a very nice fast finishing quarter. Great to see her pick it up like that. I'll do my "long" run later in the week. Roy, yes that is the trick. When it's long run day, don't worry about the speed, just get the job done. PDR, does your book have that famous picture of Jock Semple from the BAA trying to pull her out of the race? I think her boyfriend knocked him on his butt. Amazing that was all such a short time ago. Well, I'm off to read Ilene's Boston RR. Spareribs
          I am back to running more or less and hopefully posting in the dailies and 40/40 thread again. The calf is getting close to fully recovered. Not quite, but close. I want to thank the many people that have offered posts of encouragement during the last month while I have struggled with this injury. Today I paced my DW through a local 10K race. Not quite a PR for her, but this was the hilliest 10K course she has ever run so it was no doubt too much to expect one. In any case, she came close and did great. At one point I planned to say I would clean up after dinner tomorrow if she broke 9 minutes in the last mile. Fortunately I refrained from making the offer as she just demolished that barrier! Holly - I saw the picture of your house from yesterday. It looks very nice and I hope you enjoy it! Best wishes in your new pad. PBJ - During the race today I told my DW that your handle for your DW and she thinks I should change DW to TLSDW. Big grin PJH - Enjoy the medal and jacket! They are great mementos. PDR - Feel better soon. My theory for which I have zero evidence is that our bodies are better at fighting viruses while we sleep. So if you are tired you have my personal permission to sleep! Smile nonoruns - I know the feeling! Once you get used to running every day you really miss it when you cannot get out there. Roy C - Congratulations on the new distance PR! 20 miles is a major hallmark. Teresadfp - You gotta love how training for a HM really helps drop your time in shorter races. Congratulations on knocking over a minute off your course time from last year! TammyinGP - Ouch! CNYrunner - 80 MPW! Wow! You are going to make me look like a slacker. At that rate you will need a 3K mile pace bunny to keep up with you. Tall - I hope the 24 miler went well. breger1 - You must have one of the most detailed run plans I have ever seen going out. Good for you! It is showing up in some great race times you are pulling in.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

It doesn't get better than this! Big grin The local MS superwalk confiscated our club runs course this week, so if you can't beat'em join'em. Club made a nice donation to the superwalk & we ran the course. It was a perfect 47F, sunny and the park trees were beautiful. Several dozen MS patients (not sure if that's the proper term) along the course to thank & cheer us on. Cool When we were done runnin the 8 mile course they provided the coffee & donuts Big grin Makes you be so thankful for your health. It's amazing what a great attitude the ones in the wheelchairs have, they were so friendly and really seemed so grateful that we were there to run, one guy told me to run to extra 2 miles for him, so I did & we high fived & I thought he was going to jump out of his chair he was so happy that I would do that. The donut was so good I had to donate a extra $10. Wink 1 week to the Flying Pig Half Smile Way to go Roy that an important 1st. Teresa keep up the good work. Have a terrific Sunday!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Sarge, great cause. Well I can honestly say I haven't been this sick from a virus in about 10 years. My goals today were to spend more time vertical and to have a shower. I accomplished the latter so things are progresssing in the right direction. Breger, what a focused workout! Be thankful for your strong legs today! Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Sunday to all. As I close out a complete month without running, I'm hoping that when I start up, the rest and exercises will have worked their magic and I can move on from my shin splints. I did 10 miles on the bike this morning that felt pretty good. Think I'll have to keep that going when I'm running again. yesterday was my annual spring ritual of the sacrificial spreading of grass seed on the front lawn. Every year I try to fill in the bare spots aon the lawn and usually Max help create new ones Roll eyes Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Wow, What a gorgeous day!!! 24 miles training run in 2:54 with L...Felt great till around 21 or so when the right calf or achilles tightened up...but it held up okay. L's feet are full of blisters...new for her, but she says they don't bother her (tough woman) PF was fine and I did not feel it. I need to continue to ice and stretch aggresively. I had brought some bottles of chocolate milk packed in ice in my car and I guess it must be the trick to a woman runners heart as she has invited me over to a barbecue at her place tonight with some of her family (ouch...nerve racking a bit) especially after a 24 miler...but I guess it's time to toughen up.... It's so gorgeous...well time for breakfest before I faint............. Have a great day guys and gals...so gorgeous here.perfect running weather.

Recent Best times: None recently

tomwhite..../////....and others Shall we have a conversation about The Great Divide?
                    dg.

tomwhite..../////....and others Shall we have a conversation about The Great Divide?
                      yes. hi!
                        10K in 46:20--it snowed again yesterday. Tongue The Sox are in a losing streak. Sad I'll post again when it's spring and the Sox win. Tight lipped grins, A
                        Masters 2000 miles
                        evanflein

Kevin, I hope your month off gets you where you want to be. I've had shin splints before, and they're no fun. Nice run, Tall! Have fun tonight... but take it easy there, big guy. Aamos, sorry about the snow, we got it too! When oh when will this winter let go??? Today is my childhood friend's birthday, and we always used to say the snow was always gone by her birthday. Well, usually is the key word here. This year is really throwing the average out the window!!! Was hoping to get out for 10 miles or so today, but my foot is bothering me a bit, and we have new snow (again!) and my marathon is past... so who cares! Heh. Me, that's who. I've become obsessive about getting a nice long run in every Sunday. Starting to drive me nuts. Hmmmm, kids have a scrimmage (against each other's teams!) today from 3-5, and I was thinking of running then, but actually I'd like to watch it so may either skip my run, or see if it warms up later to melt some snow and go out then. Or there's always the treadmill downstairs. Hmmmm 10 miles on the TM is one thing when I have to get a training run in for a goal race, but to just do it "just because" seems a little out there, even for me. *sigh* Welcome to my quandary. Made worse by the frustrating fact that all I have coming up for races in the next couple months is stupid 5k's and 10k's.... hmmmm. As I like to say, Rats. (Nice run, Perch, I'll trade you temps for a bit...!)
                            .......we could pick One Day each month and ALL post at One Website...... ....alternating sites...... just a thought////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Econo! Tom White! Boy have I missed you two. The Great Divide has separated me from some favorites, for sure. Erika - given your foot pain, I would err on the side of caution for the moment. Relax. Go watch the scrimmage and enjoy. Don't forget to take the video camera. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

.....AND, the Guest Site Moderators could provide FUDGE.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....