Masters Running

Friday, 7.10.15 (Read 37 times)

evanflein

Thanks Marioposai, for answering my question. I suppose I could make it more a priority and make it work, but since I usually run later, it's hard to make it work just now and then (getting up early). That, and I'm really not that disciplined...

Holly, we haven't made our arrangements for the trip yet, and will start with the details for Wineglass Marathon the weekend before. But it's good that you're on top of it, I need those incentives to get planning!

Hope you're feeling better, tomwhite. 8-9 on the pain scale is no place anyone should be. Glad the pool running seemed to help.

Roch, you really are in RA meet-up nirvana these days! Cool that you got to go hear a talk by dAAve, and also meet MS! Wanna come to WV in October?

Fingers crossed, Rob!

Official time for the mile race last night was 6:59, and while I said I would be happy with anything under 7, I was really hoping for a little bit more under than that. Oh well, I'm sure the standing around for over an hour after my warm up run sure didn't help. But, it is what it is, and I was 10th overall and 1st (out of only 2) in my AG. Since it was a rescheduled race, there were a lot of usual participants who weren't there, especially women. They had two heats for women, and almost considered running us all at once so that tells you how few there were. There were 3 heats for the men with the fastest guys going last. That's always fun to watch so I stick around till it's done.

Today was a 5.5 mile trail run, although it had a blueberry scouting mission to it, too. And there are blueberries already! It's a couple weeks early, but with our early spring and warm summer so far it seems to have gotten most of them ready early. I might have to go berry picking this weekend!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Now not only has the setting sun in the on-going PNW heat wave seemed unworldly in the smokey haze from BC forest fires but the sunrise has now become out-of-this-worldly too from the Wenachee fires to the east. Nothing like erika-land but finally got too noticeable to want to run much in case I might have wanted to run much anyway.

Since the sun's rays pass through more-and-more atmosphere as it approaches the horizon , it gets more-and-more orange like a moon's twin until finally "setting" into the thickenking gloom even before really setting behind the Olympic Mountains hidden in the haze. Good thing I like swimming so much even though I’m much worse at swimming than running, if that's even possible.

. . .

thanx and a tip of the hat to By Richard D. Oxley, MyNorthwest.com  and West Seattle Blog (James Kinney po

st). . . .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hi all - I'm back in Maine as well! Dh and I are at the campground until 7/20 - I love it here!

Last night ran a local women's race where all the proceeds went to a local women's shelter. I ran with the Sole Sisters and our club team did great! I haven't done any speed or track work since my heel injury this winter so I was very pleased to pull out at 24:48 on a not easy course. 6/43 for my age group - very happy!

Today did a 35 minute open water swim, 1.7 mile run around the lake then packed up the camper and hit the road!

Dh and I received a very sweet text from youngest son thanking us for a great birthday and for everything we do for him. He also added he wouldn't "destroy" the house while we're gone and wished a a great vacation! Love that boy!

ToMWhite - glad the pool running brings down the pain level

Erika - I can't run long before my 12 hour work days but by only working the 3 12's I have a lot more flexibility in my schedule.

Tet - those photos are beautiful!

have a great weekend!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I hope the interview went well, HemosaBoy!  I know how it feels to be out of a job.

Speaking of jobs...I'm hoping to get an interview soon, too.  I submitted my resume and filled out an online application to a national home builder just coming into Minnesota.  I'm going after this one.  And I think I'm to the point where I won't feel bad about leaving my current job.  I like the owner--he's a nice guy--but I gotta get out of there.

Just a 4 miler, tonight, in 31:33.  Then I went to the high school cc meeting just to see the gang.  I love that group!

Our local community race, put on by the high school cc coach, is tomorrow.  Since I can't run it because of my race on Monday, I'm going to go help out...and hang out with those kids, again.

By the way, Erika--the race on Monday is the National Senior Games 1500.  I hope I'm ready.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

evanflien umm blueberries!  Sounds like a great route!  My DW and I are big blueberry fans!  As to my long mid-week runs I think mariposai's work schedule likely matches yours way more than mine does.

deez4boyz nice of your DS to offer to not destroy the house!  Now, I could have said that too and I suspect that if my parents knew what was up while they were gone not having destroyed the house likely would not get me out of the hot water I would have been in!

tetsujin209 beautiful shots.  Just wish the cause was something other than fires. I hear from mariposai that the smoke in some areas is really bad and even here in the northeast we have seen reports of fires burning down people's homes.

Holly S. at the very least take AamosY's advice, see what kind of competing offers you can get.  I am a big fan of competition, let it work to your advantage.  Heck, maybe see if you can a job at an international tax arbitrage desk!  Sounds like you would be a natural!

tomwhite I sure hope the pain subsides well before your surgery!  It sounds like the pool running helps, I sure hope so.

coastwalker "No running race walking in the rain!"©

No running for me today, just an hour on the elliptical.  Tomorrow is the second crazy distance race in the local series.  This one is 3.05 miles.  Don't ask.  After the race I have planned some cross training.  One window needs to be fixed, a couple of the clips that hold it up came loose.  The bird feeders need to be refilled.  I should get some laundry done . . . 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Speaking of jobs...I'm hoping to get an interview soon, too.  I submitted my resume and filled out an online application to a national home builder just coming into Minnesota.  I'm going after this one.  And I think I'm to the point where I won't feel bad about leaving my current job.  I like the owner--he's a nice guy--but I gotta get out of there.

Yay!  Your current job owner may be a nice guy, but he is sucking the life out of you, taking complete advantage of your kind nature.

Erika - nice time, especially considering you had to wait around an hour after warm-up.  My legs would be so stiff after a wait like that, speed would not be an option.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."