Masters Running

Gasparilla gathering? (Read 496 times)

Maniac 505

That restaurant looks fine to us. I'm looking forward to it. Dave
      Forget the race........I might come down just for the food.
      Vista
      btb1490

Looks like we are all set at that restaurant at 6pm. You guys are easy! Thanks for working together on this. If anything changes, I'll post it here. Henry, my email address is in my profile. If you want to email me your cellphone # just in case we need to get hold of each other down there, that would be great, and I'll email you mine back.
        Forget the race........I might come down just for the food.
        Oh yeah, there's a race... I almost forgot! Wink There's always room at the table for more! Come on down!
        arf

MM #405

Hi btb....I haven't been able to check in lately but wanted to thank you for putting this together! I can't wait to meet you and see Henry and Marj again too! ...and the restaurant looks wonderfully delicious, see you soon, Smile arf
          btb1490

Hi btb....I haven't been able to check in lately but wanted to thank you for putting this together! I can't wait to meet you and see Henry and Marj again too! ...and the restaurant looks wonderfully delicious, see you soon, Smile arf
            Blush My pleasure really! I'm glad things worked out for everyone. Just make sure your plane isn't late! Good luck to you and everyone else with their tapers!

The Jogger

What a mouth watering menu, if you think thats dear, you wanna try eating out in the UK....... Rip off island Smile Roy

Maniac 505

Blush My pleasure really! I'm glad things worked out for everyone. Just make sure your plane isn't late! Good luck to you and everyone else with their tapers!
                Taper? I haven't started training yet Confused
                  I'll have the chicken roulade... Oh...wait... I won't be there! Darn, sounds like fun. Ralph and I ran this in 2005 and it was great fun. We had an 0600 start and the first hour was in the dark and it was SO cool. The last stretch is taxing on the mind because it is SO flat and straight, one can become delusional... or maybe that's just me. Have a great time!
                  LaVita
                  btb1490

Looking at a map, I see that the hotel I'm at is closest to the restaurant, and that you guys would have to pretty much pass by it on your way to the restaurant. If you're walking, you wanna meet up in the lobby of my hotel and we can hoof it there together?
                    Taper? I haven't started training yet Confused
                    Sorry Dave. Sad
                    I'll have the chicken roulade... Oh...wait... I won't be there! Darn, sounds like fun. Ralph and I ran this in 2005 and it was great fun. We had an 0600 start and the first hour was in the dark and it was SO cool. The last stretch is taxing on the mind because it is SO flat and straight, one can become delusional... or maybe that's just me. Have a great time!
                    Thanks for the insight! Disney was a 6am start as well, with the first hour or so in the darkness, and you're right, that is pretty cool. We'll let you know how the chicken roulade was!

Maniac 505

Bob: That sounds good to me, If you want to E-mail your cell number I can let you know when we are on the way (and let you know if they forget to plug Arf's plane in again Angry
                      Henrun

Bob, we'll be there.
                        btb1490

The weather forecast looks good so far for the weekend! Looks like we'll be eating outside at that restaurant. Oh yeah, and the weather for running looks pretty good too... Wink See you all in a few days! Safe travels! Smile
                          btb1490

It was a great weekend in Tampa! Of course having sunny warm weather helps a lot! Marj and Henry, it was so nice to see you guys again. You two are a riot! Congrats to the both of you for having great races! Divechief and arf, I hope the both of you are feeling better SOON!!! I'm sorry things didn't work out for you guys as far as the race goes, but I hope the nice weather made up for things and that you were able to get out and do some fun stuff. I hope we can hook up at some point in the future. Henry and Marj enjoying their well deserved post race goodies! What a nice race course. An awesome sunrise over the bay about 1.5 hours after the start of the race.
                            Henrun

Bob, yes, it was certainly great meeting you and your friend Kevin and Lesley (we're still in Tampa waiting for our flight). We talked to Divechief, but couldn't coordinate to meet for dinner. Marj is impressed by the sunrise - she didn't see it while running! We really enjoyed the w/e even though my time wasn't the greatest, it was a beautiful course with great temps. Report to follow. Hope we connect again at another race.

Maniac 505

I'm really sorry the weekend gatherings didn't work out different for us. We are both really sorry none of the meet ups worked out better. We both had fun in Tampa Sunday playing Tourist. Arf is doing better, but we both decided a DNS is better then a DNF. The race shirt is nice, I will probably wear it on some of my training runs, but first I need to get a magic marker and change the wording on it from "Competitor" to DNS We are looking forward to the next time we can meet. Dave