Masters Running

Friday The 13th! We're Doomed! (Read 38 times)

Speaking of sports-  My Phillies are awesome!  I really thought the Braves were the better team (I got to watch both teams in ATL a couple of weeks ago), but the Phillies came through!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

...ironic I should check in a day We're Doomed.......

only

managed 3-work-outs this week

BUT

I did get to hit some more golf balls and not cripple myself

==========

the K-9 units have been on my field all week

75-degrees, but cool

.....60-min at city park.......trailboots

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

anneb

Its all super annoying. We had Hulu live TV for a time, found that it was bad for popular sports (think crashes for NFL playoffs), ended up switching to DirecTV Stream because they were nearly the only one where we could get Marquee (Cubs). And of course you have to get a more expensive package, but service has been reliable. It's still less than cable with all of the equipment fees...

It does bother me though when the local team is on, but only on Peacock or AppleTV 

Yeah, same here. Tonight's game is ESPN+, which I'll access via Hulu which I get a free subscription to because I subscribe to Spotify. Simple right?

If you're hunting for a service, it's pricey but check out YouTubeTV or Hulu; the limitless DVR is nice. Interestingly, the Caps owner bought the (now defunct) NBCSports regional channel and is making Caps games available direct-to-fans via an affordable app/channel without need for other cable or streaming service. It'll be interesting to see if that works and is copied elsewhere.

Anne

BTY

Good evening Masters!  I've been trying to do better about reading through the daily before posting, and since I swim after working then settle onto the sofa to write my own post, I'm usually so tired by the time I start typing, I don't remember anything about what I read.  Ugh.  And the fact that I don't understand the technology talk, it makes it that much harder.  But, let's see....Good luck racers!  And yeah I'll never go to Mexico but would like to start traveling in 2024 when I hopefully am retired, but we'll see if DW is still driving to her Mom's weekly to tend to her needs; or if maybe DW wins her Town Clerk election, in which case we'll have two years (at least) before she has free time for travel - wouldn't that be ironic!

Tonight, I got home from work, fed the dogs, and quickly got over to the YMCA Pool, because now they close the pool on Fridays at 6:30.  My workout was 1 hour and about 10 minutes so I had no time to waste.

It went like this:

2 x 200 yard freestyle warmup    2:59 / 1:01 rest / 2:57 / 1:03 rest

=================================================

4 x 100 flutter kick with fins.   4 x 1:25 swim, 0:20 rest / 1:20 rest

4 x 100 backstroke    4 x 1:37 swim, 0:23 rest / 1:23 rest

4 x 100 backstroke kick with fins    4 x 1:31 / :14 rest / 1:14 rest

4 x 100 breaststroke pull with pull buoy.  4 x 2:05 swim, 25 rest / 1:25 rest

4 x 100 breaststroke kick, 4 x 2:00,: 30 rest / 2:30 full rest before Main Set

=======================================================

3 x 150 yards (50 backstroke, 50 breaststroke . 50 freestyle) ~ 2:15 swim, 1:45 rest.

These three were "all out" efforts.   The reps were 2:12, 2:14, and 2:14.  I'd hoped to do four reps but after I did 3 I said I was satisfied with three.

My usual way of doing these repeats is to do 10 to 15 of them, at about 2:20 each and a 1:10 rest between reps.Part of the reason for doing these all-out was just to discover what my "100% effort" time for this distance is, so my usual effort is about 4% slower than my all out effort.  This probably doesn't give me anything to work with in planning workouts, but, meh, at least I know.

==================

My typical cool down is a 100 yard freestyle, but after doing those repeats with hard freestyle finished, I needed to pick a different cool down to take its place.  I chose to 6 x 25-yard breaststroke, doing a hard breaststroke pull-out (the push off the wall, underwater, one good pull, and one good kick, before emerging from the water, about halfway to the other end) then slowly swimming to the other end of the pool.

This wound up being 3,000 yards, like most of the workouts I've been doing lately.  During the summertime I got into a 2,500 yard routine, 5 times per week. Sometimes 6.  Now I'm aiming for 4 times a week, 3,000 yards each workout, for just about the same weekly distance.  .

I’ve read through and you are all amazing!!

I did a 10 minute peace meditation while getting ready for work this morning to help set the tone for my day in this crazy world!!

Carpooled with 2 friends and we walked the distance between the garage and the hospital both ways. Had an easy day at work although yet another heartbreaking patient - I keep reminding myself we see so many difficult situations because of the volume and high acuity but it is still so sad.

Going to get up and do a few miles a little after J o’clock but before work.  Goodnight friends

denise

SteveP

Sorry about the keys, Mike. And I'm very sorry about what happened to your dad. It does, indeed, sound amazing that he survived.

That must have been horrifying for the entire family.

Jay - Enjoy your weekend.  I should be picking up the core work.

I can no longer go back to the way things were.  So, all is good at the moment.

I did an emotional backflip. Enjoy the weekend!  Here's to progress with hopes of very little regressive behavior.

Steve - did  you see that there was a bigfoot sighting in Colorado?

Well, that's just interesting.  Squatch got tired of hiding from cell phones.

Holly - The new job sounds kewl.

Thanks, Steve, and that's great that the PT has helped and you can do more mileage!  Mike and I would take that to mean 12 miles a DAY!

She told me to keep it at 3 miles and not to look for loopholes.

Dnaff - That sound encouraging.

Thanks for the start, Steve. An "online PT"? Interesting concept.

I have to wear gadgets which monitor my form and run an app through my phone.  I can do this at 5:00 AM buck @$$ed naked in front of my window with the curtains pulled back.  It gives the local passersby an opportunity to also assess my progress. and chat with PT latter in the day.

Thank you for the article, Tramps.

I'm in love with a troll!!!  Thank You Enke!!!

Oh... speaking of practice...  it's been raining all day and Debbie asked me what we do for practice when it's raining.  I said, "We get wet."  How long has this woman known me and her son?

Cut Debbie a little slack.   I'm sure your guardian angel occasionally facepalms saying "I knew he was going to do that.  I can't believe he did that.  What is wrong with him?".  Unless your guardian angel is a runner.  Then they fully understand.

Erika, the reason we picked Hilo is because we have family there, my grandson, a new great granddaughter and Marj’s cousin (who she never met in person) and my daughter will be visiting at the same time.

How exciting.

Moebo - I hope you enjoyed your carbs.

Tom White - Wonderful on the golf ball cross training!

BTY - That's a lot of stroking.

Deez - Sorry for the heartbreaking patient.

I started coughing at 1:15 AM and went to the recliner as to not wake DW up.  I gave it up and started my day a little early at 2:30.  I got my three trail miles in.  The dog wanted to go with me.  I'm happy he also went the three miles.  I watched a baby goat video.  Then PT.

We had our inventory.  This is the first time we had an outside auditor in years.  Thank goodness.  Things went well, but we had a copious amount of clean-up to do.  We had to go after the dust bunnies behind the refrigerator as opposed to under reporting the elephants which were collecting in the living room.

I had well over 1,100 items I had to be able to locate.  The auditor was supposed to randomly pull ten SKUs and the both of us were to find the associated product attached to that SKU.  Thursday night, he went over my reports and said I did not need additional auditing and potentially saved him 1/2 a day.  My super wanted me to come in Friday "just in case".  I left at 2:00 PM and slept on the recliner until DW got home.  We had dinner and I went to bed.

My boss and supervisor will have the unofficial report drop at 8:00 AM Monday.

They'll find what got cleaned up over the last two weeks.  It identifies what was missing.  The orders attached to the missing orders.  There are names attached to those orders.  If I could edit those names, I wouldn't.

A GM in a different local had a better uncleaned report and got fired over it.

We'll see what Monday brings.

SteveP