Masters Running

Mon Sept 15th Daily (Read 366 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Just a quick read through yesterday's and today's daily while at the office. Hurricane Ike came through here yesterday with 60-80 mph winds, but no rain. Over 300,000 homes (including mine) without power since 2pm yesterday.
    Almost the exact same thing here in Indiana...but with torrential ran. Power back on about an hour ago here at work. Just a quick pass through as I am VERY far behind at work because of no power. I will try and catch up later at home...if I have power there yet.....but I'm still running Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

DickyG

Well, let's see...I struggle to run 9:24 pace today...Ribs, 5 minutes off the operating table, is already at 9:17. As Chester A. Riley used to say "what a revoltin' development this is". (OK, 99% of you guys aren't old enough to remember "The Life Of Riley" TV series). Sarge: Your DW has now cashed in twice on the golf course. Either I get some hush money or these winnings will be reported anonymously to Uncle-you-know-who. DickyG
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well, let's see...I struggle to run 9:24 pace today...Ribs, 5 minutes off the operating table, is already at 9:17. As Chester A. Riley used to say "what a revoltin' development this is". (OK, 99% of you guys aren't old enough to remember "The Life Of Riley" TV series).
        Geez, you guys, I ran 6.2 miles at 11:01 pace and I'm very happy about it! It sure is relative. I did it on the treadmill since it was 80 degrees outside - too hot for me! My arch is still a little sore, but much better. Time to roll my foot on the frozen water bottle again!

King of PhotoShop

Yeah, but I'm doing this one quarter at a time with a long walk break after each. William Bendix
            CNY, can I sing back up? Monday, monday (nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah) So good to me (nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah) Monday mornin, it was all I hoped it would be….. Thank you, we'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip your waitress. 3 easy miles for me this evening...a bit warmer than it's been lately. I had mapped out a 4 mile run for today, but it turned out to be only 3.....I guess I over estimated....huh, go figure. Good runs to all today....folks, its gonna be a great week!
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              7 miles on the treadmill at 8:05 average mile pace. Ribs, you are doing great, and your attitude is admirable. Dark Horse
              I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                Beautiful evening today 64F w/ perfect breeze finished my 6.2 mile GA straight into that big beautiful moon. Last night not so perfect wind blew away a couple dozen roof shingles. Angry Dicky I'm thinking of claiming her as a pro on my taxes so I can deduct the cost of the clubs. Wink Besides I have an Uncle who works for the Teamsters if you know what I mean Shocked Will be in Farmington, CT on Sat. nite & maybe Sun. night but it looks like I found a nice place to run nearby. Anyone in or near Farmington & up for a early morning run on Sunday 21 st.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

wildchild

Carolyn

Craneium and Holly, hope you either have power back or are enjoying camping out in your living rooms! Rochrunner, congrats on the longest run this year! You've been patient about your recovery, and now you get to enjoy the payoff! Dave59, bummer about your job situation. I take it they don't have a suggestion box? I took Tazzie and Ladybug for a tempo-ish 4.1 miles at an avg 11:10 pace. I know that doesn't sound tempo-ish but this was on my usual hilly route in my neighborhood and that's faster than usual for me. I'm trying to get ready for Wednesday evening's trail series race, which is hilly this week - we're supposed to run over something called Mt. Carbon. I have no idea how big a hill, but it can't be bigger than the one in my neighborhood, and it's lower elevation by almost 4000 ft, so how hard can it be? Big grin i would have added another mile tonight, but when I passed my driveway, Tazzie started dragging behind like an anchor - clearly she wanted to go home. And running with an anchor is hard.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Sarge----check this out, It's not too far from Farmington if you have the time and wheels---45 miles maybe? http://nianticbayhalfmarathon.com/cms/index.php Evryday! I have been waiting all day for a back-up singer. Tip your waitresses and try the veal too! Karin

Renee the dog

Did 3.5 mi tonight -- had to walk home the last 1/2 mi as I had planned 4 mi-- I thought I would Dead and Renee wasn't looking so good either. It felt wicked hot, but the numbers are only in mid 70s with usual (60-70% humidity). I came home and turned on the air conditioning!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Red Sox lead 13-1 in the sixth against Tampa Bay. I don't think their bullpen can blow this one. Sox will be tied for first after this game. Dark Horse

King of PhotoShop

Red Sox lead 13-1 in the sixth against Tampa Bay. I don't think their bullpen can blow this one. Sox will be tied for first after this game. Dark Horse
                          I have the MNF game on. Not a Cowboy fan. Looks like McNabb is giving the Dallas kid a clinic on QB. Lots of sloppy football, total score 54 at the half! The older NFL players like Chuck Bednarik would be rolling in their graves if they could see this stuff. DH, due to the difference in games played, more precise would be to say that after tonight the Sox will be just one game back in the loss column, a much more significant stat. Kazmir cannot beat the Diceman. Spareribs
                            DH, due to the difference in games played, more precise would be to say that after tonight the Sox will be just one game back in the loss column, a much more significant stat.
                            Ribs, true, but I see the Rays fading down the stretch. It is worth the effort for the Sox to win the division, so they can avoid facing the Angels in the first round of the playoffs. I see the Sox taking the division, then beating the Central Division chump, I mean champ, in the first round. Meanwhile the Angels send the upstart Rays packing. In the ALCS, Red Sox in seven over the Angels. The Red Sox are a money team, peaking at the right time, and they have beaten the Angels like a drum in playoffs over the years. You heard it here first. Dark Horse
                              Looks like McNabb is giving the Dallas kid a clinic on QB. Spareribs
                              Ribs, you're right McNabb is awesome tonight....and the front line of the Eagles are providing lots of protection. Curses!
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                              evanflein

Bah! Too much non-running sport talk in here! I did 30 minutes of pool running tonight before coming home to make sloppy joes (and some leftovers, cuz there's never enuf) for the menfolk. Then DH and I headed out to the Blue Loon for beer, wine, quesadillas and sweet potato fries and the Spirit of the Marathon movie. Fun evening, and the northern lights and a full moon (or almost full) were the scenery on the way home.