Masters Running

OKCMM It Was the Best of Times. It Was the Worst of Times (Read 386 times)

SteveP

Your race sounds like a blast!

SteveP

Still trying to catch up here! Good on ya Evryday for making it through in what sounds like non-ideal, in fact far from ideal conditions. Your reports always make me grin for the fun you see in all of this no matter what. You made it, have even more experience for the next one and will tear it up. Good stuff
        Thank you all for reading and the kind words. In an attempt to get a little fine money back, here's a photo of just before the race in the starting corral.
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Hill Runner

Evryday...I have to agree with what has be noted above. You need to give yourself a little more credit do to the adverse weather conditions. You ran a good race and have another marathon under your belt. Congratulations!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Evryday, Your RR sounds so familiar... Congratulations on a good day of running. I like the tone of your report. ~ buehrle

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

#artbydmcbride

Kissing Paris Hilton must have been a bad luck move. Big grin Great racing despite the conditions. Smile

Runners run

jfa

WTG Ev! It's all a learning process and you just took another step! Good job in windy conditions and the fact that you're planning for next year just shows your tenacity. ps - Great pic

King of PhotoShop

Thank you all for reading and the kind words. In an attempt to get a little fine money back, here's a photo of just before the race in the starting corral.
                  And you thought I wouldn't return? Spareribs sees all, knows all. Sending you a buck. Nice duds. Spareribs
                    Great RR Ev.......not so ideal conditions is putting it lightly. I heard those winds were ferocious. You worked through your shins splints early on in your training and you did a great job. Congrats to you........ Jewels
                    But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                      As they say the best laid plans . . . anyway you cannot expect to PR every race. I actually suspect it is often harder to PR on your second marathon than any other. The first is free, so you run it easy and with even splits. The second has a goal other than just run . . . beat the first time! So you go out a bit faster and then along comes mile 2X and faster earlier seems not quite like it was such a good idea. But for the next race it was since you will know in a way only a runner who has raced his second marathon can know. Congratulations on your finish and to your family for cheering you on!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Queen of 3rd Place

Nice time with that headwind! Nice recovery from injury, too. I'm putting money on your 4:15 next time! Arla

Ex runner

huskydon

Very nice job given the temp and the winds. You have a great upbeat attitude - no doubt it helps you in other things besides running! Congrats on completing another marathon!