Masters Running

Thursday-National day after National Running Day (Read 40 times)

Good luck on your mile race C-R, I think those kind hurt the worst, just what I have heard.

Amy - I had Gramma's half on my radar, but we are leaving for vacation "up north" with all the kids and some other relatives. Maybe next time!

Jay - we are thankful for backhoes and hired labor also. The yard is a royal mess with the inch of rain we have had today. Just glad that we didn't get the tornados and storms that hit west of here. I should really get a rain barrel. When is your rain barrel auction?

Lame - upper 50's is "cool", sheesh, that is shorts and a tank top!

Twocat - heal up fast, you are being smart.

Posai - I don't have too much trouble tapering, but I run very few races (one less than I have paid for actually)

Leslie - I am glad that Goofy is OK. Vets do charge an awful lot.

I went to the doctor today and didn't even have to take my clothes off, that is a nice surprise whenever that happens! I had an x-ray on my hip and on my foot that always hurts. It doesn't look like any joint damage or anything in the hip, just soft-tissue soreness in ligaments & muscles. He prescribed Relefen, an anti- inflammatory and a muscle relaxer.  Well it appears that my big toe has a fracture that has healed. I do remember stubbing it really bad one night when I was running barefoot, that must of been it.  I am blaming Tet for that one. I will just deal with the pain for now and not wear high heels ever again - foot surgery scares  me even though I am a tough Norwegian.

Happy Friday tomorrow! DD2 is coming to town with three of our grandchildren. MrStarr gets to babysit Saturday morning while us girls go to the hair salon. It seems Mackenzie too a scissors to her hair the other day and it needs some fixin'.

I should go get some work-in-progess pictures of the yard.  See ya, gotta go shower and check me for ticks now.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

C-R

Thanks starr. Glad nothing is broken.

Leslie - at least its a clean bill of health. Animals can get down too so perhaps that was a concern.

Mile complete - 5:34 for me and 5:30 for Patrick. That was some wicked fun pain. All Comers track meets start next week and I am so excited.

Night all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone,

4.1 miles at the park tonight..

Spareribs, for me to send you a dollar for everyday I lurked, i'll have to ask the wife for a bump on my allowance lol..

Mariposai

Spareribs, for me to send you a dollar for everyday I lurked, i'll have to ask the wife for a bump on my allowance lol..

LOL

Irishboy, you are going to fit in so well in this RA  family!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Ok for awhile there I thought maybe, just maybe, I'd like New England for a retirement home location. But ticks? Yuk. I've got my standards, ya know. Still searching.....

Leslie, sometimes I think pancreatitis is a catchall diagnosis for cat vets. That's what Midnight was diagnosed with last fall when he was showing Goofy's symptoms. The not eating and just lying lethargically were the key tip offs for me. But, a shot of antibiotic and a week of oral (and apparently yummy chewable prednisone) took care of him. He's fine now.

Welcome, Irishguy. Don't worry about that Ribs character. He's a lot of bark but not much bite. But we're sure glad we've got him hanging around with us.

No run for me today. Not really a "rest day," but I guess that's what I'll call it. Got up early and spent the day in planes coming home. Cool and rainy here, quite the change from Scottsdale. They can keep that 107° weather. Bleh. Don't know how anyone could tolerate that day in and day out. Was tempted to try a run tonight, but got our luggage around 5, headed to the store to pick up stuff and something for dinner, got home around 6:30, unpacked the truck and did preliminary cleanup (cats home alone for a week... bleh)... no urge to run at. all. So made rockfish in panko/parmesan crust, steamed broccoli, barley with wild rice and started a load of laundry. That seemed to take care of most of the evening.

Like Holly, we leave dry cat food out all the time and don't get bothered by early morning caterwauling. We only have a problem if things to empty/water bowls dry. Then Midnight makes sure we're aware of the shortcomings....

SteveP

With trail running Jay, ticks are like tree roots. It's the ones you don't see.

Thank goodness Goofy is on the mend.

LOL

Irishboy, you are going to fit in so well in this RA  family!!!

Ok for awhile there I thought maybe, just maybe, I'd like New England for a retirement home location. But ticks? Yuk. I've got my standards, ya know. Still searching.....

There is a nice place down the road from us that's for sale. It's less than a mile from two ice cream stores.

The company placed a help wanted ad to get someone to help me out. I read all the details. I told my boss that the only people who would apply would need some one to read the ad to them or are institutionalized.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

C-R - you and Patrick are fast!

Erika - after a travel day like that, I would NOT be tempted to run at all...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."