Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.8.14 (Read 39 times)

TammyinGP

I just checked my running log, here on RA, to see when the last time it was that I ran and I think that is about the saddest little graph I've ever seen! 

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Take care of your injury first, Tammy--then work on making a happy looking graph.

I had to do my tempo run on the treadmill, tonight.  1.5 mile warm up in 12:25 (8:17), then 9 miles in 1:01:21 (6:49), then a 1.5 mile cool down in 12:23 (8:16).  Total 12 miles in 1:26:09.  The blister on my right foot was burning and my right heel was hurting...but I was warm.

The local weather lady came on and, very excitedly said, "Highs in the double digits!  Tomorrow!"  The really sad thing is...I got excited, too!

Okay--I gotta go.  See ya!

janie b good

can't remember who needed it, and I know it was a few days ago, but here is the Runner's World article on Screw Shoes:

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/surefooted

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

These are two of my favorite pics from Christmas!!  My oldest son sat with me step by step so no guarantees I'll be able to do this again!!

Winter track started tonight - I chose outdoor instead of indoor on Tuesday nights with a track that is 11 laps to a mile - just dont think that would be great on my legs and I actually dont mind being outdoors in the cold with a bunch of friends!!  Tonight's track workout after warm-up and dynamic stretching was 400 on, 200 recovery, 200 on, 2 minute recovery x 6 .... most of my 400's were at 1:52  and my 200 on wsa 56-58 seconds ..... next week we do a 1 minute time trial and hopefully between these first 2 sessions the coach will be able to help me decide on a pace and goal for Boston!!   My total mileage tonight with warm-up, intervals and cool-down was 6.17 miles - should have done another .03 to even it out but didnt want to look too crazy to my running partner

Last night managed 4.1 miles on the treadmill after back-to-back 12 hour shifts ..... oh and I've been planking and doing my core work every day!!

Hope you are all staying warm and having a wonderful week!!  I need to go back and see what wonderful stuff I've missed here the last 2 days!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Okay...I have 19 grandkid's...so I know a cute baby when I see one.  THAT is a cute baby!

janie b good

@deez4boyz ... omg, I WANT one of those!  super cute.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

evanflein

Well, I'll agree she's cute as a button (but will hate whoever put her in those striped pants when she's 13!), but I do NOT want one.... Darling baby girl you have there, Deez! Nice running, too!

Geez... Mike's cool down is about my tempo pace... nice TM run for you, Mike!

I also chose the treadmill tonight, even though the temps weren't so bad, really. It was 10° at work and 14° here at home, but I was busy all day and it was dark, and we wanted to get our truck to the garage where it'll get it's new (used) engine installed... so we came home and I ran 4.1 miles on the treadmill, progressive pace style but nothing real aggressive. Felt good for what I wanted to do since my legs were tired from yesterday's slog in the snow. Our temperatures will drop considerably here going into the weekend and next week, so most of you should have good conditions at least. It seems to always work that way...

Marathon Maniac #957

Denise - Adorable!  And great job on your running and core work!

Erika - I never blame you for TM runs, especially after dark - don't you have moose and bear to deal with?

As I crossed the bridge over the Great Miami River on the way home, I saw something I have never seen - almost the entire surface of the river was covered by icebergs.  Wished I'd had a camera, it looked so surreal.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."