Masters Running

Mardi Gras Tuesday Runs and Workouts (Read 503 times)

TammyinGP

That is hilarious Leslie! Big grin

Tammy

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Back to running after a week of "fasting" due to ultra long work hours... Last night 6.5miles, nice and slow in steady rain; this morning 6.54 miles ,painful and fast in light rain with my "out of my league, way too fast ,Tue running friend". The plan is to work on building up my mileage now for the first lof many long races this season.....Dizzy Daze at Green Lake..at the end of March. It was great seeing Jon, Karen and Dave for dinner last week......and yes I recall ,we did take a picture..did I miss it too? A great day and good runs to all!! Francesca
        Rainy, windy, yuk. Did the TM. I thought I did 6 miles, but when I came home and entered it into my log, I suddenly remembed I had only done one warm-up mile, drat! 5 miles 1 @ 5.4mph 2 @ 7.0mph 2 @ 5.4mph A friend came up to me during the fast segment to chat and all I could think of was "no no no, I won't be able to talk at this speed!" I did manage to utter a few words here and there. My face was just too red after that speed segment, No so I decided that was enough faster running for today. Nono - great! I love watching people attempt their first marathon, it is so exciting! I have lost the motivation to train for another one, so hopefully you will inspire me. Yes, you will! Lamerunner, great news about the 10 miler! Hi Francesca! Let's hope Tetsujin has forgotten about the picture...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

Back to running after a week of "fasting" due to ultra long work hours...
          Maybe the rest will indeed make you faster! (if not, then this is really slowing and not fasting) I may be at Dizzy Daze. I registered for it. Hopefully.

jules2

Spring is in the air and the change in our weather in the last couple of weeks has been amazing. As the nights are drawing back ( and the floods ) I can now run around the pits ( lakes) behind my house after work The snowdrops are out and the birds singing so yet another Winter is behind me. I'm so lucky because I have a circular lake with a track thats just under a mile round so I have worked out the overlap and alternate with clockwise anti clockwise laps to get a mile in each time. Managed 4 laps at a steady pace around 30 seconds a mile quicker than when I got back to training in the early Autumn and then back for pancakes.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Marathon Maniac #957

The snowdrops are out and the birds singing so yet another Winter is behind me.
              I want to go live where you live......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I may be at Dizzy Daze. I registered for it. Hopefully.
                Robert, I'm planning on going around Green Lake 19 times....I might be able to speed up to your pace for a mile or two, if you happen to pass me at a good moment in the day...!!! Francesca
                xor

I want to go live where you live......
                  You'd have to eat black pudding, though. No

PJH

Tramps - you really have gotten a lot faster over the past year. Congrats! Been doing anything different? Cold and sunny today, but nice for running ... no wind. Covered 6 mi in 60 mins. Average HR about 147 which is well above normal. Still a long way from feeling 100%. Being Shove Tuesday, I think I'll make pancakes tonight. They aren't necessarily a big deal ... it's the syrup that goes with them that I like. Anyone giving up running for Lent this year? Big grin PJ

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Let's hope Tetsujin has forgotten about the picture...
                      Huh? picture, what picture? (note: does not apply to mariposai) hi hi francesca, I remember last March when you and dh did a couple of early morning laps with me in last year’s Dizzy Daze. You were saying, “what’s an ultra” and now you're aiming for your second 100K. I’d love to do more than last year’s 10 lap 50K version this time but it’s probably too early in the year for nearly 20 times around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around Green Lake. Fizzy - glad you’re getting out for some real running instead of just having to sit around thinking about attire, etc. Maybe try to combine the two interests sometime. Speaking of bare, this week’s hot topic on my beloved RunningBarefoot board is “Tingling in the Fourth Toe.”

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SLO, I'm glad there was no serious damage and the people were ok in your pickup incident. Twocat, I hope your medical test give you a diagnosis and plan of action. deez, it sounds like you are about recovered. CNY, it's great to hear you are running well. Nice long runs for ribs and Saint, lynden, enke, Peter, busi, Evan (with a lesson for all of us about hypothermia), Sue (on TM), lame, Tramps, jdmom, and PBJ (real fast on TM). Good job on the speedwork for WRFB and Holly. This morning, the roads would have required Yaks, the temp was in the low single digits, and I wasn't feeling tough so I did 8 miles on the TM at 1% and 6.2 mph (9:40 pace). A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                          Just got out of a sports psychology class. Tonight's discussion was on peak performance. Ribs would have loved it!

Maniac 505

Picture? what picture? and I won't be at Dizzy days again this year. but I did do an easy 15 today in the wind and rain. I snow skied for about 20 years, lived at a ski resort for about 8 of those years, haven't been on downhill skies for about the last 25 years. Last weekend, I discovered that I can still ski, one shaky run, then I got my ski legs back. Arf is clearly a better skier than I. My work week starts tomorrow I'll see what I feel like doing after my 12 hour shifts. Dave
                              not much to add from me tonight but i am sitting here giggling after reading leslie's story!!Big grinBig grin you are all amazing and continue to inspire me every day!! hope everyone had a wonderful Tuesday!!

denise

jules2

You'd have to eat black pudding, though. No
                                Only if its in batter and deep fried.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.