Masters Running

Sat 2/14 - Master Runs - Bloopers - Catnip - And Anything (Read 567 times)

Aiyiyi....what can I say? Ribs, your new hairdo is divine!
    dg.

hi all. Thanks for all the good wishes for my stepson the other day. He's still in the hospital; they decided they're not quite as sure what is going on with him. We saw him today, & although I know he's doing much better it was still tough.. No food since Wednesday, today some chicken broth & jello... but he was in a lot of pain. The doctor didn't seem worried, she says it's the new antibiotics fighting the infection. Jeanne, that was a nice run. glad you're feeling better, I've been wondering about you. Karin, I hope you're "off for a bit" to someplace a bit warmer! (((enke)))... I hope you get some answers soon. Tramps... I hope your calf is ok! Nancy, that's very sweet. thank you. //// Nice run! SRL... did your dad have his surgery? erika... (ravens) you can really see their toes? I'm glad you liked the hover cat. It was in one of those e-mails that I usually dread.. but this one I liked. Just x-training today. This morning 1/2 hr. of the injured runner dvd mixed with a little prehab. didn't finish either one. then this evening about 45 min. of assorted things.. mainly core training. front planks, wall touches, hammie curls, side steps, (thanks SR)(nice dress). I also did a few things suggested by the sports med guy I saw for a consultation last week. He thinks most of my problems are related to S/I joint dysfunction. He says I'm too flexible. and.... he said I had more things going on than just about anybody he'd seen.. even in 'clinic'. Blush That I really didn't need to hear! (and is also the kind of thing you wait until late in the day to post, because probably no one is around!) No use worrying about it. I'm hoping to just forget that part. mta. hi econo! btw, i washed my Frees. and... if you needed to wash yours, trust me. you'd know it.
        Thanks for all the laughs, y'all. The Darwin poster was greta, and oh, ya, you too, Ribsalah. Wink Treadmill for me, biking at the gym for DH, then a little Gentleman Jack for him for V-Day and salmon dinner in front of the fire tonight, long run tomorrow. Keep us posted, dg. Thinking of you and yours. Best, A ps: cartoon with person looking at wrist asking : "What time is it?" Dog at person's foot, answering: "now now now now now now." Caption: "Dogs always know what time it is."
        Masters 2000 miles
        dg.

thanks Amy. what a nice VDay for you & your DH. love the cartoon. Smile
          wildchild

Carolyn

Ribs, that was disturbing... but I liked the group shot! You guys look like a hoot! Nono, Mr. Nono sure knows the way to your heart! Big grin Larry, congrats on the granddaughter! I got to run with all 3 of my favorite running buddies today! 2 miles with the 2 furry running buddies, with yaks, in fresh powder, then 2 miles on the indoor track with my favorite kid! (well, she's also my only kid.)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ribs, you in a Red Dress - Sat night - you "running" in a red dress - me alone....ummmm...well, err, wanna hook up. Well...me either, but thanks for asking, lol. Hey Larry, thanks for sharing....super good news buddie! Weird, never thought about my foot hurting.....till you freaking mentioned it, kidd'n you Bro... Enke, please shoot me a quick Email at biketm42 at webtv dot net TimmiBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

I'm sorry but I can no longer speak to that Ribs-man-she-man. I cannot speak to a man that can carry off a little red number better than I could. My cleavage would hopefully (please Lord!) be better, but his hips and legs are . . . dang. He's got me beat. Ran a Couples Truffle Shuffle this a.m. My running partner, Laura, ran the first 5K and I ran the 2nd 5K. Her time was better by a couple minutes, but we still took 3rd in our 'couples' division (Female Open). combined time was 50:30 and I think my contribution was right about 26:20 or so. Not a PR by a long shot for me, but I'll get back in that 24 minute range by the years' end I hope.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

not that I've ever been jealous of sparebones or anything like that but maybe go back to what you did last year and leave the red dresses to the goddeses. uhmm, what happened to that divine goddess anyway?en ever since then? even without a timbi challenge, I don't run much, if any, during the winter but today kept up a possible PR streak for this year of at least one run a week with four out-and-back barefoot miles along the smoothest pavements in town at Alki Beach with a newbie poster on our runningbarefoot board. note to goddesses: he's a fit-as-a-fiddle 6'3"adonis (and considering Seattle RnR for his first mary)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Another Seattle RnR runner? Ok, Tetsujin... do tell! Nice nice run there Mariposai. You're going to have a great marathon this spring! I was smitten by the warm temps today... 20 or higher when I set out, so it was just one layer for me: tights, long sleeved winter-weight top, fleece gloves and bright yellow headband. Oh, I did wear my wool vest, too. Perfect. The only bummer was we got a little over an inch of snow last night, so the freshly plowed bikepath was already under crunchy snow. Not too bad on the way down, but a real bummer on the way back up. Played "dodge truck" with the vehicles on the main road for a couple miles, then back on the bike path. Fun to see it was plowed already on the last mile, so I turned around and did that part twice! Hey, gotta take advantage of it when you find a nice surface! 9.5 miles total, 8:36 avg pace. Then we shoveled hard pack for 2 hours.... So now my back is sore and left arm is tired, but it feels so good to have that done! (well, almost done... got about 2/3 of the driveway done) Tomorrow I'm hoping to run the trail again to get some downhill training in. Hoping legs aren't too sore on Monday...