Masters Running

Thumpin' Thursday, 5.17.12 (Read 435 times)

evanflein

Yeah well, it was 7:20 pm by the time I finished and I was just out for a run, not a tour. I saw a lot of trailheads on the road, and they all had warning signs about bear activity so there was no way I was going on any of those. My hotel was actually walking distance to the airport, and it was 4.1 miles to the glacier. Took a side trip down the road to Auke Bay, then turned around because I didn't think there'd be a connector road back (I was right), then took a side trip down Egan Drive, then turned around. That's how I got 10.2 miles out of it. And it was overcast and cold, so not in any mood to play tourist!

Would sure love to go back when it was sunny and I had more time, get a pose like Mary's there. And yes, it's funny that I've never been there before, but I just made it to Juneau for the first time a few years ago.

Doug, with so many people in pretty sad shape these days, it's no wonder your DW is proud of you and wants to show you off!

Great pictures, MikeE. Very nice turn around for Eric and I sure hope he sees the rewards and continues. And yeah... those dreadlocks on Ryan are something else.

Back at my desk after 2 hours of flying. Seems like an awfully quick trip. It's going to be low 60's here today and the sun is shining! DH picked me up with fresh running togs so I can run right after work. Yay!

Opie good news on the beer front!  I must admit to only really liking very dark beers.  But to each his own!

How is that during the week you all manage to write up about your runs and get in a few shout outs?  I ran a HM course with a colleague of mine today during lunch.  Great day for it!  Sunny!  Brutal course though!  Hill, after hill, after hill . . . Now I got to get back to work.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

OM, belated congratulations on last weekend's 10K, with hardware.  Mike, I'm so glad to hear of Eric's recent progress.  The pictures are great.  Congratulations to him.  Dave, it sounds like a tough work week.  Enjoy the break, racing, and company in Green Bay.  Avenger Doggie, nice racing and pictures.  hopeful, great picture of you and the Jeep.

Nice long run for Twocat.

This morning, it was in the mid 30s and nearly calm.  I almost talked myself out of running but eventually went out for 3 miles at an 11:12 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

oh yeah, Mary, that's the one.

it's a virtual tie with rcg's pnw rs you know.

ps erika; also near the airport\, the Riverside Trail

from Brotherhood Bridge to the Back Loop Road

is a worthwhile diversion too

Mendenhall Glacier and Fireweed (akphotograph.com) Tags: landscapes glacier mendenhallglacier juneau 2009 hdr fireweed akphotographcom alaskaphotography.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Me as a "trophy husband?" Who'd a thunk? :-)

We know better, Roch....Wink  Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

When it was last spring, me and Dad and Noah and Uncle Tony did see a  bear and I wanted to get 'em get 'em, but Dad screamed like a scaredy baby and made me come back and he put me on the leash.  Then he went to go take the pictures . When he saw baby bears, he came back. The big big bear was nice, but the little ones made him come back. That's weird.

Mendenhall Glacier and Fireweed (akphotograph.com) Tags: landscapes glacier mendenhallglacier juneau 2009 hdr fireweed akphotographcom alaskaphotography.

Oh I want to run run run there!!!!

Me and Dad went run run run today with out Honey!! It was so much fun. Dad gives me all the attention and sticks and treats! We went way out in the woods and I got to chase lots and lots of critters!

We went down some hills and up some hills. We went where there was a river and then far away from it. There was some trees that had critters that chewed on them lots.

Dad said that beefers do that. When the trees fall down, beefers chew sticks off of the trees and carry them home to the damn river. I like chewing on sticks in the grass under a big big tree at home.

Look Dad! I'm a beefer too!

Me and Dad then saw a bird try to go run run run on the water. He said it was a duck acting like it had a booboo wing. It wanted to trick us to stay away from it's nest.

Hey dad!! Look! I'm a duck too!!

We were out going run run run for almost 2 hours. What ever a hour is.

When Honey's Mom had to go to work, me and Dad got her and we went for a bye bye ride.

She is so lazy, she has to sit on me to look out the window.

We went to the "see deers whomp" ( Tag..it's a cedar swmp.. SteveP) We did not see deers, but we still had fun fun fun! 

Suck it up better cup. They do NOT smell like butter!

Our Moms are gonna be mad!!!

Dad tricked us to a creek and made me get in and Honey did too and it made us both sad.

When we got out, Dad said, if we keeped it a sekrit, we did not have to have a bath!! So do not tell any one

Honey tried getting a stick from me.

She can't catch me shh...keep sekrits for me sshhh

Sniffing Butts, Tag

King of PhotoShop

Aggghh!  So eager to get my running blog done and posted, that I selfishly forgot to mention today is the Saint's birthday, she who puts up with all of me.

I'm at the Seattle airport Marriott, done for the day and here so I am close to my morning flight out.  Trip went well. Ran just 3 miles each day in spectacular weather for this area.

I can't say enough about the difference, culturally between TX and WA.  The people here are so open, kind and natural. It's a breath of fresh air.

And on my other thread today, if you remember the old days and George Hirsch, the 70's running "look", check it out.  Thank you Holly!  Spareribs

Mariposai

Morning! 3 beautiful miles for me in the sunny part of our state. Both mariposai and skip were in my town this week and I'm stuck at a business conference 4 hours away. How frustrating!

Isn't that ironic??? I was in your part of the state, the rainy part while you were enjoying my sunshine!

Good luck this weekend. I wish I could be there to celebrate your 100th marathon.

Cool new avatar, twocat!

Erika, it seems like you and I are in travel mode this week. For me today was: travel 3 hours, attend a 6 hours meeting, travel back for 3 hours...but this time others drove, me??? toook a nap and played draw something on my cell phone.  

No running for me today and tomorrow is looking grim also Dead, but I just had to stop to say hi.

RIBS, sad to see you so close to me, but yet still so far away. BTW, thanks for pointing out how carefree we, PNW dwellers are Smile

"I can't say enough about the difference, culturally between TX and WA.  The people here are so open, kind and natural. It's a breath of fresh air" Spareribs

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

I figured I'd sneak in here and post my results of tonight's 1 mile race in downtown Minneapolis.  My chip time was 5:29 and I was 171st out of 2503 and 12th out of 110 in my age group.  I guess it's not bad, but not what I wanted.  My throat is still burning!  It must be the air in the city because it does it to me very year.  I get done with my run then cough for the next hour.

Okay--that's it--I'm getting out of here.

Bushrat Runner

Wow Mike E...nice run. 

I ran 5 tonight with one of the same guys that ran me into the ground yesterday. But this time he went and absolutely torched 4 miles before our run, then we went 5 and he was pretty thrashed...worked out well for me...

Marathon Maniac #957

. For me today was: travel 3 hours, attend a 6 hours meeting, travel back for 3 hours...but this time others drove, me??? toook a nap and played draw something on my cell phone.  

Even with others driving, that's a long day....

Tag - great pics!

Mike - Sweet!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dove, I bet Skip is frustrated to not be able to see you.

True, very true.