Masters Running

Friday, 4.22.16 (Read 31 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I'm late checking in here this morning, so I just have time for a quick walk-by.

7.2 RW miles in 54F temps, and under overcast skies with infrequent glimpses of the fool moon through occasional breaks in the clouds. It was nice to be out in shorts and a T again. Still working on rhythmic breathing this morning (Left, right, left, right...) but it is getting easier each time out.

Good luck and fleet feet to this weekend's racers, as well as to anyone else lacing up the shoes and putting one foot in front of the other.

04/23 tammyingp - Lost Creek 30k Trail Run, Trail, OR

04/23 milktruck - Race the Runways Half, Brunswick ME

04/24 pfriese - OKC Memorial Marathon, OKC OK

04/24 Ileneforward - Ojai half marathon, Ojai CA

And have a greta Friday too!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Ran (??) 3 miles in clouds and high 60's with humidity.  my body is still resenting monday's activity.  Ate dinner last night outside at our favorite tapas place - first time it was warm enough

happy trails and happy racing to all

marj

Dave59

A lethargic 4 miles for me this morning.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Bike - five XT cyclemuting miles on Earth Day 2016 instead of run-muting as too much high school memorabilia to carry for today’s mid-decade 55th HS reunion festivities.
          Earth Day - before the first ones happened in 1970, a college classmate actually triggered it all in the fall of 1969 when the Torry Canyon wreck, burning of the Cuyahoga River, etc. got him wondering if some of the natural resources students could hold a Teach-in on the Environment like all the Vietnam Teach-ins that were going on.  Little did anyone know it would soon involve Sen. Gaylord Nelson, Arthur Godfrey, Eddie Albert, Gordon Lightfoot, etc. and we got to meet 'em all..
          Posie - Have a happy Orchards in Bloom.

Reunion (sorry mikeE but do not read the following,
          and I mean it, not like you were "not following" marj on Monday).
          Last night’s reunion dinner with two best friends from the neighborhood I hadn’t seen since 30th reunion in 1991 cancelled until tonight (I hope) when Jerry called to say they were stuck overnight in Denver, . . . at the hospital where he was being kept overnight for observation after the plane made an emergency landing when he passed out for no apparent reason.  He thinks, and sounded, like he’s fine but will be taking no chances until they find out for sure.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - I know what you mean - sometimes working marathon training around family activities can be daunting, and I hate doing a 20 mile run when I can't take a nap later.....

3.3 miles for me today, followed by about 20 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Reunion Last night’s reunion dinner with two best friends from the neighborhood I hadn’t seen since 30th reunion in 1991 cancelled until tonight (I hope) when Jerry called to say they were stuck overnight in Denver, . . . at the hospital where he was being kept overnight for observation after the plane made an emergency landing when he passed out for no apparent reason.  He thinks, and sounded, like he’s fine but will be taking no chances until they find out for sure.

This is awful, tet, so scary.  Sure hope he Jerry will be ok, but good to be cautious. Have a greta reunion.

Posai - I can so picture all the trees blooming in the orchards.  Our trees are just starting to bud, but I did see one tree with huge white blossoms, a mock orange? I love the flowering crab trees and lilac, oh, lilacs, yes! Have a fun weekend! You are the best RD.

Marj - I am still in awe of you running Boston, I think that is so cool!

tomwhite - have a greta time in Idahoe, hope some of that skin is ready to go for your hike.  Don't forget to breathe!  How did story time go?

SteveP - hugs to you and prayers for your dad and family.  Being far away is so hard.

MikeE are you starting a 16 mile 4 day running streak again?

Erika - You do have a quandary about the long runs, don't you.  I know you will figure it out. My long run is only up to 10 miles and am trying to figure out when to do that.  My best bet is tonight since we have IRC, 54 and sunny with 5mph winds right now. Tomorrow the wind starts again, uffda!

We have tickets to see Annie in Sioux Falls tomorrow night.  These are the last of our series tickets and we decided not to renew. We can still buy tickets individually but the seats may not be as good.  The performances are top-notch, but kind of costly for the whole season.

It's been kind of quiet around here lately.  Good runs and greta races to everyone this weekend. Happy Earth Day

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

mrrun

mta: Henry wanted to post this........

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Outlasting the competetion is MY only hope.

3.1 miles this morning in short sleeves.  very pleasant 58°.  Not terribly speedy, but nice.  Liable to be out of town for a few days every week for the foreseeable future with two big projects nearing completion and another just starting up--the two busiest periods.  Guess I better get used to TMs.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evan, it's a bummer when life gets in the way of one's running schedule.  marj, I love, and relate to, the cartoon.  Mike, nice long run.

I'm planning on trying a 5K race tomorrow so took it easy today.  I walked a leisurely 4 miles.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Tom--I meant to ask you, a couple days ago, if you had run your race, yet, this month.  Will this be your first, or did you do another earlier in the month?  Good luck, tomorrow, anyway.

You know, Jay--I can't look at a full moon, anymore, without calling it a "fool moon"...thanks a lot.

Marj is back at it...why am I not surprised?

4 miles is 4 miles, Dave...

I hope you had fun with your buddies, tet.  And don't worry...I didn't read past where you told me to stop...I always like to follow directions.

Yeah, Erika--working in runs can be hard sometimes.  Good luck.

Are you recovered from you marathon, Holly?

Yes, Starr--that's my plan.  But, I'm not going to push it.  I'm still feeling affects from two weeks ago.

I'm glad I don't have to travel for my job, Stumpy...unless I could combine it with a race.  Nah...I still wouldn't like it.

I did do another 16 miles, tonight.  Tomorrow will be tough to get 16 in.  We have church clean up day and I still have not finished my sermon for Sunday.  And, I'm sure I'm not going to sleep well, tonight...having nightmares of emergency landings and passing out on planes and stuff.

Okay--gotta go!  See ya!  Oh--good luck to everybody racing!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happily, Jerry was given a clean bill of heath and joint the reunion this afternoon.

Don't tell MikeE but he's retired from TWA and, listening to the dinnertime conversation with another classmate whose SIL flies Airbuses, I may have to reconsider how much I said I love flying. Has anyone else ever seen the cabin crew duct tape the forward entry door to keep the whistling sound of the wind from leaking inside the cabin?  Maybe economy is not so bad after all.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)