Masters Running

Sunday, 11.8.15 (Read 34 times)

ouch, Marj, hope you heal up fast.  Amy, that sounds like an awful time to me. I bet they had a lot of DNF's. Jay, you are an awesome race director.  Some day I will get out east to run a race. I have relatives in Rhode Island. Are the fall colors still showing in New England? It's pretty much over here, but there are some yellow trees that are hanging on to their leaves. I slept through most of the second half of the Vikings game but did see them not lose in overtime. Go Vikes!  Tomwhite, you amaze me with your recovery. Has your doctor said if you will be able to run again. MrStarr's surgeon told him that he should not start running, but if he had been a runner to start with he could get him back running. Oh, I was happy to help with the photo, too cute!  Jlynne, I saw that too but can't imagine being in a race for 8 hours.  Holly, rant away that can be so tiring and you have certainly got the runaround.  We are considering switching to Direct TV but that's through AT&T, right? Now having 2nd and 3rd thoughts.

We had the quickest congregational meeting ever today after church.  No one asked a single question and the vote was taken in under 5 minutes.  No running today, but I have tomorrow afternoon off for a meeting and my podiatrist appointment. Hope to get a run in between there somehow.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Holly - glad your problems seem to be getting resolved!

Ribs - that sweet potato dish sounds delicious!! I love sweet potatoes!

Claire is adorable!!

Marj - hope you heal quickly!!

Amy - you are amazing!!

Yesterday was my first post-marathon, post-Ireland run - 3.2 easy miles before work. Felt great to be out running again.

Today - no run, too much going on, too much eating .....tomorrow is another day!!

Have a peaceful evening my friends!!

denise

'dawww, that is just a very cute photo of Claire and her horse.

Well, I got Herr Wegetarian and Lil' Econo out for another trail race this morning.  Of course, we selected shorter races, given a menu of 3.5, 6, 10, and 16-milers.  Herr W and I tackled the extremely non-competitive 3.5-miler.  1 flatish mile followed by a killer mile up and a killer mile or so down to the finish.  Both he and I raced it more this time, and our time is much faster than our race 2 weeks ago.  We got 1/1 in our AGs and I won 3rd female overall!  WOOT!

Lil' Econo took a looong time to finish his 6-mile race -- he gets lost a lot, and sure enough, added quite a bit of distance by missing a turn-off.  It's all well marked, but he's missing the left field of vision so this stuff happens.  He got 3rd in his AG, however, so we all came home with race bling.  yayyyyyy

P.S -- Starr -- I'm in horrible shape, running about 7 miles/week.  Running Portland does sound verrry tempting, however!  Let's give it a shot!

P.S -- Starr -- I'm in horrible shape, running about 7 miles/week.  Running Portland does sound verrry tempting, however!  Let's give it a shot!

Will have to see about that race in Portland. I remember running alongside of you at the beginning of your very very first marathon in Omaha. I was just doing the 10k but it was fun to be with you and the gang. Boomer Reunion Run shirts and everything! I was just looking at pictures of that weekend. Amy had a crown, long hair and a glass of wine.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Wow...our Claire is growing up so fast.

Aamos, if you call a marathon tough,  then that must have been a hard course.

I am still posting from my cellphone,  which is painful, since my personal laptop is dead and I can not use work computer for personal use.

The Easy Pacer and I had a nice run today. A steady state type of run.

Jlynne,  do come to Portland,  even for the fun. I would love to see you there.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Yeah, when did Claire bet to be 8 years old? Goodness, I certainly didn't see that coming. Cookie looks very patient.

Way to tough out a hot one, Aamos. I would've melted.

So... anyone wanna run Green Bay or Bayshore in May 2016? Just checking. I'll probably be in for both and will try to meet Mike E too! DH has a conference in the week between those, so it's a great way to get 2 states I don't have. Portland would be fun but I've already got Oregon.

Ouch, Marj! Hope you're ok and get back to running soon.

Holly, that reminds me of DH's dealings with LG about our microwave. What an awful company. They just tried to be as uncooperative as possible, and always put him on hold for 7 minutes (yes, he timed it several times). They must have done some research that showed people would give up and hang up just before 7 minutes on hold. Not him. And he recorded their phone calls and it really was pathetic how they were dealing with our issue. We finally got a settlement from them for 80% the original price of the microwave, they sent us a check. And we swore never to buy an LG product ever ever again. And then we ended up buying a Kenmore washing machine that is made by... yep... LG.

Nice that Econo and Herr Wegetarian are running races together, how cool is that? Good to see Lil' Econo out there, even if he does get lost every now and then.

That sweet potato recipe did sound really good. We get garnet yams here that I prefer over sweet potatoes, but they're both good. I love them!

Well, we got so much snow recently and so few plows that I've been on the treadmill the last couple of days. Today, I'd planned on running outside a bit and also on the treadmill. But we had tenants move out last month and they (again) left the place kind of a mess, so I've been cleaning the apartment and doing stuff in our house as well. The day kind of got away from me. I still could've cranked out some miles on the treadmill (it was pretty windy out today) but decided I just didn't want to. So... I didn't. Feels kind of weird, like I'm supposed to run most days and do a long run on Sunday. It just becomes part of what you do. But I didn't today, and the earth didn't stop spinning so I guess it's ok. First week under 30 miles in I don't know how long... all year maybe? Oh well, there's always next week, right?

SteveP

Holly, I'd rather eat a bug than do business with ATT.

That recipe sounds greta, Ribs.

Holy Post it Notes, Claire!!!

For Amy to call a marathon tough....Yowezers!!!

Is that TC's Bayshore Erika???

DW has been bugging about finishing the basement. We compromised and are doing it her way.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

We started & I tripped immediately on a hole in the pavement landing on my leg & rib.  After reassuring my DS telling  him to go ahead, I hobbled back to the car & went home.  

I meant to comment on this - hope you are feeling better, Marj.

Econe - nice racing for all of you!

Erika - Green Bay, heh?  Late May, and I don't have Wisconsin...I'll put it down for a maybe...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."