Masters Running

Sunday runs and such (Read 448 times)

hopeful, nice 10K with 2nd in AG.  Slo, congrats to your mom on her first race (and in memory to your dad) with a 3rd AG.  prfriese, good job in your 10K with 3rd in AG.  GGPRunner, welcome.  OM, what a remarkable friend you have in Terrie.  heme, sorry to hear about the injury that forced you to end your race early.  I hope you heal quickly.  Dave, thanks for the Bayshore update. 

Nice long runs for Opie, wild, holly, hermosa, and ribs.

This morning, it was in the high 50s and almost calm.  I got in 4 miles in enough under 40 minutes for a 9:56 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

...you ever had one of those songs you just couldn't get out of your head while you were running??

well,

it's been in there

3 runs so I'm gonna post it

welcome to my nightmare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAk4F8eFgl8&feature=related

if

you have

an Urge to Invade Poland

I don't

wanna know.

it started out trying to look up a Swedish Lulaby for choir.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

...you ever had one of those songs you just couldn't get out of your head while you were running??

well,

it's been in there

3 runs so I'm gonna post it

welcome to my nightmare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAk4F8eFgl8&feature=related

if

you have

an Urge to Invade Poland

I don't

wanna know.

it started out rying to look up a Swedish Lulaby for choir.....

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not clicking that link and risking getting a song stuck in my head.  Ignorance is bliss, at least in this case.

Slo

Hey, Slo--what's that "specific target" you're training for?

A top 3 AG finish at the Quad City Marathon.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not clicking that link and risking getting a song stuck in my head.  Ignorance is bliss, at least in this case.

..well put//.........just think of the 'C'mon Illene Chorus''...............oops, sorry

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Only tomwhite would get THAT stuck in his head. Roll eyes

12.2 miles today in somewhat cooler and much windier conditions than yesterday. Managed just under 8 m/m pace for the first 11 miles, then that last mile up the hill was 8:26 so the overall average was 8:03. I could sure feel all the hours in the garden yesterday! DH met me at just after the 8 mile point with ice tea and water, then he rode his bike alongside me for the rest of the run. Now to head back out into the garden...

Mariposai

Nice run Erika. I can't wait to see how you do in Newport where is flat ground. Amazing pace considering the hard work yesterday as well.

I was told "REST" this week...and me, being the obedient runner I am   ...I never...never...

.Well... I never left my room until 2pm and even that was for a short trip to the hardware store. Yeah...call me Emily Dickinson!. Wink. Why would I keep myself inside in such a gorgeous day? Well... I wanted to cross off something in my to-do list that has been there for over three months. I cleared the room from it's content, one area at the time and uncluttered, dusted and placed the items back to their places, if they passed the "test" of keeping it in my room. Fun time. Listened to favorite music from jazz, to caribbean to salsa, to Chinese to German to Paraguay, to Flamenco, to bolero music and more. 

4 easy miles with DH and now it is time to hydrate!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

lamerunner

Greetings. Ultra virgin no more, did my first 50k but kind of the hard way. Hilly trails with wet fields ( which had crappy footign), brutally humid and then the sun came out. I have a few things to learn about salt and electrolytes. . Finally occured to me at about mile 23 that maybe I should drink more than water and get something with salt.... so I had some salt and one elctrolyte tab.  My legs were shot the last few miles though.   Another guy I talked to at the end said he takes 4 an hour....that seems like overkill but clearly I was behind for the conditions.  Also the theory of relying on Boston training was only partially valid. Only one long run since then..... But it was a fun event, well run and I survived though way slower than I would have thought: 5:47  I think with a rather extreme positive split.   2d in age group  but they only gave award for winner..

Took several hours to feel human. I did stop at Whole Foods in  Portland  ME on the way home and got some good stuff for dinner though, so we ate a good dinner.

OM, you are doing great!

Nice  running to all!

an amazing likeness

Hilly trails with wet fields ( which had crappy footign), brutally humid and then the sun came out. I have a few things to learn about salt and electrolytes...... But it was a fun event, well run and I survived though way slower than I would have thought: 5:47  I think with a rather extreme positive split.   2d in age group  but they only gave award for winner..

Hills, wet fields, more hills....well, that sounds like Pineland Farms!  That's my neighborhood...there's a great farm store right there, hope you didn't skip that for Whole Foods!

Take one of these, and repeat (the 50K is two laps of this 25K course):

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Does that party have ice cream Holly??

Dad saw a attorney off where they are more relaxed if you want a change of pace.

It sounds like you had fun Dave! Grilling dogs though....That is a bad thing.

You should come out to Michigan Opie. There are lots of things to chase!!!!!

Tom White...I like "Who Let the Dogs Out!"...Who ...who who

"Who Let the Dogs Out!"...Who ...who who

Some times I run along with Mom when she is on the bike too Erika. She can finally keep up a little.

That was a lot of fun Lamerunner!!!

Noah came over today and him and Dad played dress up again.

Dad moved some more wood chips than went to church. Me and Dad went run run run! It was fun fun fun! We went up hills and down hills too! There was lots of wet clay and wet mud! Dad got cranky because there was poison ivy. In case you don't know...it's a lot like having fleas very bad.

One one trail, I did not go back and get Dad. I stayed very relaxed and cool and waited for Dad.

Mom made me have a bath. Then here and Dad went to a graduation party. When they got home, we all went for a walk. I was tired and did not hardly pee on anything. I did not play "Gimmie the Damn STick" a lot either.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Mariposai

Greetings. Ultra virgin no more, did my first 50k but kind of the hard way. 

way to go ultra goddess 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

That's awesome, Lamerunner! Yes, it's a whole lot different than Boston training. I use my Equinox Ultra training plan for Boston, and it seems to work out pretty well. 

Taggie... I'd give you a bath, too!

We got some thunderstorm activity tonight! Nice to get the (little) sprinkling of rain, but I sure hope the lightning didn't set off more fires. Got a huge jump on the garden today; should have it finished tomorrow. We leave for Anchorage on Thursday and I'll be gone till the 14th of June, so need to get it done this weekend and show DS2 how to take care of it when I'm gone.

SteveP

We still have a frost concern Erika and will get ours planted next weekend.

SteveP