Masters Running

Sunday June 8 Runs and Other Assorted Mischief (Read 38 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I just got back from a GD's dance recital...talk about painful.  She is really good...and I love watching her...but to sit through all those other dances makes for a tough 4 1/2 hours.

Well...Holly and Posie waited a day to run after their 50k and marathon...and I waited 2 weeks.  Man, it was nice to get out there.

I went on a trail that I haven't been on, yet, this year.  DW wanted to come along on her bike and I wanted to keep her away from cars so we took this trail.  DW didn't really want to go this way because somebody saw a snake under a bridge one time.  I convinced her to come though by pointing out that I have never heard of a person on a bike being attacked by a snake.  Along the way I told her that to keep snakes away, it's a good idea to yell, "BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!"  She didn't think it was very funny...but I did it a few times anyway.  So about 2 miles into the trail, we come to a flooded out area.  A couple of other cyclists were stopped wondering if they should try making it through.  DW stopped with them.  I went splashing through it, got to the end of it, and turned around to see if anybody followed....nope.  So I continued on my way, splashing my way through 3 more sections of shin high flooded out areas.  It was actually pretty fun.  On my way back home, though, a goose started honking at me and, all of a sudden, came at me hissing!  Now, it would have been made a really cool story if I had used the "BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!" yell, but all I could say was..."AH!  AH!  AH!"...in the deepest voice I could muster...which was about as deep as a 10 year old girl....I'm really glad DW wasn't around to see that...

Okay--it's time for bed.  Is it really Monday, tomorrow?

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Mike--you need to talk with TW about goose repellant.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

MikeE, that is one funny story. "BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!", I must remember that next time I see a snake.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I forgot to ^5 Spareribs for his 10k today. That was pretty awesome!

That's a new one for snake repellent... do all snakes know what that means?

I got out today for 13.3 miles and took it nice and easy. Gives me 52.1 for the week, which is just fine. DH met me a mile from home, and offered to pick me up a mile down the hill. So I got to turn around and run back down the hill! My only sub-8 mile of the run. Smile  Works for me!

mrrun

Hello everybody!  I just got back from a GD's dance recital...talk about painful.  She is really good...and I love watching her...but to sit through all those other dances makes for a tough 4 1/2 hours.

Been there, done that.  I passed on this year's GD dance recital!