Masters Running

CNYrunner's Boston Marathon report (lengthy!) (Read 451 times)

Very well run race, and well written report -- "smoking dope goal" - I like that. You had a plan and stuck with it - stayed well within your bubble.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

btb1490

... joined the march of the baked potatoes to find my family.
      You weren't kidding....
        What a fine race, Karin. Ribs might be right, but maybe it was all that smooching that kept you going. I also loved the marching potatoes analogy--so perfect, as shown by Bob's pictures.
        PJH

Karin - what a great race and RR! Congratulations on your masters PR too! You always pass on some great wisdom about running that I, for one (and I'm sure others), appreciate very much. First, I was surprised that you took in 6 salt tablets during the race. Not that you didn't need them, but rather that I hadn't even thought about taking that many. I took 3 in the latter stages (first time I've ever used them), but probably too late to do any good (I knew I was already in trouble). I'm going to have to look into the whole hydration/nutrition thing a little further before running another marathon. Second, I also liked the way you memorized your target splits - a great idea that I'm going to try next time as well. Congrats again, Karin, and enjoy your recovery! Keep posting - I enjoy them thoroughly! PJ