Masters Running

No Matter What Shape ...Saturday (Read 36 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

So sorry, lamerunner, for  your DD's loss.  The news is so full of grief-stricken people it seems right now, heartbreak is everywhere.  Hope you get to be with her soon.

Mari, please keep us posted as you can.  You know we are worried.

Mike, um, didn't you leave out part of the wedding race report?  You know, that bit about how you aced the whole thing?

Best wishes ttomorrow,  Erika.  Get good rest tonight and have fun.

Anyone else do the NY Times syndicated crossword?  I won't give away the answer but remember the jingle about "da da" (insert 2 syllable brand name here) is the one beer to have when you're having more than one?  That is the answer to the clue "oldest America n lager."  Honest!

I felt out of sorts taking off Thursday and today I am discombobulated as I didn't do a long run.  Can't wait for tomorrow a.m.  Going to be strong and not stay up to the end of the game (tho last night was so good, so good, so good!)  Beautiful sunrise this am before our 5K.  Got in 5 before and 1 after for 9 total.

Aw Tramps, no pictures of the boats?  Guess you were running so no phone.  Well, I hope Tag gets ice cream on National Ice Cream Day!

Jay, you are amazing.  Period.

Must go feed cats and help DH with supper....lazy day at the pool.  No rains today, so hot ttomorrow.    Thankful for pools...and the beach!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

King of PhotoShop

Lame, I am so sorry. What a difficult and terrible thing to happen. Nothing I can say.  I am glad you will go out there to be with her.

And Posai, saw your short post. Keep us up to date.

Aamos.  We just finished it.  Yes, that vertical clue is Schaefer, the one beer to have when you're having more than one.  We got stuck for a bit in the upper right corner.  Glad to learn that you are a smart person.  Spareribs

evanflein

Yeah, I noticed that Mike E left out the winning the whole dang race part. Silly boy. I think it's a great way for a couple of runners to kick off their wedding day. Since I couldn't go, I'm not sure how they're doing the whole thing, but I believe the race was the kick off, and then they get cleaned up and do the wedding later. Wonderful idea, and glad the weather cooperated!

Amy... there was a FB picture of you with a trophy. Something you're leaving out?

More rain earlier today, but this afternoon has been pretty nice. I spent most of the afternoon in the apartment downstairs. Still cleaning, and now prepping for paint. I realize you should expect extra wear and tear when you have little kids in a rental, but the amount of damage down there is just amazing. I wonder if we should add a clause to the rental agreement: Children must not be allowed to stand on heater registers, oven drawers or refrigerator shelves/drawers. I just can't believe how much is bent, cracked and broken down there. 

Getting prepped for a mud run tomorrow. Yee haw! (or something like that....)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet, you may want to try to get some Peridex (sp?) for your abscess. It is a prescription oral solution that can often help resolve minor infections in the mouth. If you are friends with a dentist, see if they can get some of it for you. We've had it in the house forever, and there are times it has helped quite a bit.

Thanks Jay.  there's not enough pain, if any, just some pressure point once in a while but I'll check it out for making it go away\.

Lamerunner - nothing like the impact on your daughter but everyone who knew her boyfriend, or just her, and many who  just heard about the awful accident so far away will be remembering him for a long time. One just came up in my mind the other day from the fifties as if it was yesterday.  Maybe there’s a favorite peak in the U.S. for a memorial or other remembrance idea your daughter can do on her own or with others.  Sounds like she’s already using hiking to honor his memory. 
          Ribs - I guess it’s easy when you don’t have the incentive of some training program, coach, mileage goal or something to go running for when you really don't want to but I don’t think I’ve ever gone running when I didn’t want to.  Makes me admire even more you runners who set and meet running goals almost no matter what.
          Mariposai - the images of the fire are frightening, sometimes only minutes between life and death to speed away down the street before a house bursts into flames.  .
          amy - I’m not a cross-word puzzler but I love Will Shortz’s Sunday morning puzzle on NPR at 5:40/7:40/9:40 am here.   I usually finally get it the third time around.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Tetsujin, what year did you run Equinox? They've got many past years' results posted here. I checked 1993 an 1994 and didn't find you, but can't remember the year you ran it.