Masters Running

Saturday March 14, or Pi Day (Read 36 times)

evanflein

Hey, I'd be happy with seeing dirt! Just sayin'.....

Yes, Mariposai has been doing very well with her Boston training. As has Robin, and CNYrunner. I think there'll be some nice race results next month!

I could've bundled up and run outside, but I didn't want to. It got up to -1° this afternoon which isn't too bad, but I'm kind of sour on the whole thing. So... to the treadmill for a progressive pace run, something that's hard to do out in the snow.

8:50

8:42

8:34

8:27

8:20

8:13

8:07

8:00 for the last .5 mile

7.5 miles in a little over an hour. Tomorrow should be a bit warmer and I do want to get outside for a run. We'll see what happens.

TammyinGP

Great pic of you and your son, ribs! Congrats on a memorable time with him.

Mariposai's track workouts have been very impressive!

Nice splits Erika! I hope you see dirt soon 

after all this rain we are getting this evening and the 70 degree temps we should hit this week again, I'm sure I'll be seeing my cherry trees blooming and the grass will need cutting again.

Had a good Shamrock 5 Mile race with my son today also.  He came in 2nd in his AG. the overall winner was in his AG and he looked 19, so David had a tough competitor for this one. David's time was 34:05 and he was happy with that.

I ran 44:40: 8.44, 8.46, 8.55. 8.46. 8.17.  I was happy with my time and the effort I put forth. the last mile of the race, no one passed me and I probably passed about 12 runners or so. that's a good feeling.

AG: 5/13

Females: 52/132

OA: 88/218.

this particular race always attracts a lot of very fast runners and I knew I wouldn't be in contention for ribbon placement on this one.

Tammy

Great racing for you and David today! Great running in the wind Mari, I dislike the wind but figure it makes me stronger.

At the hockey game tonight I was telling MrStarr that today was Pi day. He did not get it until I asked him what Pi was, "3.14" he answered and the lady walking next to him chimed in with the rest "3.14285714,,,, I am a math teacher, I should go home and get my Pi t-shirt". Gophers won 6-2

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

I'm still a track fan, but not even sure I'll be running much track anymore, so that's a transitional name and I'm still trying to figure out a new one. X Trackrat, maybe but trying to figure a way to emphasize XC.

Wow, A TrackRat what an awesome race! I wanna see you and MikeE run a race together sometime. Why did you change your screen name, are you in the witness protection program?  Good luck house hunting, what is the market like there?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

wlldchild - do you ever do 2pi / 3pi / pi-squared or cubed or square root?

It took nine hours (20:37m/m) but I walked up-and-down 3,000 feet tomorrow in the same two passes of the Joyfuls`s Hakone Pass Marathon that stopped us with heavy snow last month. By the time we got to the top of the first pass in nearly five hours, MikeMP had probably finished his Yokohama Marathon by at least an hour-and-a-half the way he`s been running.  whew. Had broiled eel afterwards so feel great now.

Now if I could just do 100 miles at that pace, I could finish within the 36 hour cutoff of some of them.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - Wow!  Great job!  Not so much about the broiled eel, though...

Erika - nice TM progression run!

Tammy - well done on your 5-mile race!

XC Trackster - wow - you are fast!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Nice racing for Ribs & son, Roachrunner, Trackrat, and Tammy!

Jeanne, happy birthday to your DH and little Ben tomorrow.  I can't believe they didn't want pie!

Erika, sorry about the cold!  Dang.  We still have snow at home (got another 3" on Friday), but it's warm down in the flatlands. 

I drove down yesterday to join my ultra friends for the last Fat Ass run of the season.  They were doing 100k on the Highline Canal path, which is flat and fairly boring.  I didn't want to run that far (50 miles being my longest run so far!) so I parked at the end and ran back to meet them, then turned around and ran back with some friends.  Ended up with 10π miles (31.41), for my longest run since my 50k last December.  It was a gorgeous day, even a bit too warm in the afternoon.

Now I need to start packing for a 3 week trip to Greece with my DH!  We leave tomorrow!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.