Masters Running

How old is my Nike hat? (Read 150 times)

I have an old knitted cap, a toque in Canadian terminology, with a "Nike" logo on it. The word, not the Swoosh. I have had it many years, maybe 25 or more, I don't remember. Anyone know when the swoosh was introduced or how old my hat might be? Just curious. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Marathon Maniac #957

I found this with Google: A little bit about the SWOOSH The SWOOSH logo is a graphic design created by Carolyn Davidson in 1971. It represents the wing of the Greek Goddess NIKE. Carolyn Davidson was a student at Portland State University in advertising. She met Phil Knight while he was teaching accounting classes and she started doing some freelance work for his company. Phil Knight asked Carolyn to design a logo that could be placed on the side of a shoe. She handed him the SWOOSH, he handed her $35.00. In spring of 1972, the first shoe with the NIKE SWOOSH was introduced.....the rest is history! (from Nike Consumer Affairs packet, 1996) (Mysteriously gone from the fax information, 6/2/98)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."