Masters Running

Sunday,nearly 2 pm (Read 35 times)

evanflein

But Amy, as I recall, Earnest Hemingway was a schmuck, especially towards women. And hey, what's all this moderation you keep trying to pull off? And HEY, you are an excellent pacer, just ask Tammy! I think you should talk to your friend about this. She obviously isn't aware of your many talents.

Good for you on pulling off the sermon, Mike. How was the visit with Ryan? Have you notice changes in him since he's been off on his own? Debbie will get over it, really.

^5 to Marj and Henry for their impromptu 10k with great results, and a belated congratulations to Wildchild for finishing that 52 miler! I agree it sounds like a couple of marathons, was it an out and back with a marathon option?

Hang in there, Holly. You'll be happy with the outcome. That photo was on the Marathon Maniacs Facebook page, something that has grown out of control recently. It took me forever to find something from last weekend!

Sounds like a good place for your DS, Lamerunner. Especially if you can get up there every now and then.

What a nice day we had here! So different from yesterday! We did some yard work, including cutting down most of our poor crabapple tree that was broken in so many places from the heavy wet snow a couple weeks ago. I don't know, I just don't think there's any hope for it. DH wanted to leave some of it to see what it does next spring, but I just don't think it'll do well. Very sad, it was such a pretty tree. Later, I went for a long run of 15.2 miles with sunny skies and temps in the low 40's. There were a few places where the path was in the shade and icy spots made for slippery footing, but mostly it was nice and probably the last nice warmish long run I'll have until spring (here, at least). Legs felt good although glutes a bit tight, reminding me I did run a marathon last weekend (and the weekend before that!). 51 miles for the week.

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - glad you had some good weather after all. You are in great shape btw - nice "recovery" week....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."