Masters Running

Happy Saturday to all 7-12-14 (Read 35 times)

Well Jlynne, I still think you are pretty awesome!

Opie.....hope it goes well.  I am waiting for a call back from a company I had a screening interview with last week.  I thought it went well, and have been hoping for a F2F.  However, in this employment climate, it is really impossible to know my chances.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, Stumpy, your DW does a pretty good job with that smart phone camera!  Looks beautiful there.

The moon was gorgeous here, too.

Nice that Opie and Paul got to run together.  And good luck with the job, Opie!

Ribs, I hope your DS recovers quickly.  I hope his DD is a good care-giver!  How old is she?

Jeanne, what a fun race with your family!  I loved the pics on FB.   Will and Ben are so cute!  Where was the baby?

I went for a 10 mile run on the local dirt roads at a fairly sproinky pace, and I even ran up most of the hills!  It helped that it was in the low 60's and cloudy/foggy, with a breeze.  IRC.

Happy to have my DH home again after being away for 2 weeks. While it's nice to do whatever I want, whenever I want, it's nice to have company (other than Tazzie and Ladybug, of course.)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Sayhey! MM#130

Love you guys!  This is a fun post.

Love the photos,  Mrs Stumpy and Steve.

So glad to read your race news, Jlynne...way to run!  Good for Molly.

Tselbs, ok, did not love your post  Yuk.  Really sorry.

DH had a 10 miler sounding like yours, Jay.  He and his crew went to the beach and caught the sunrise.

Moon here was spectacular too.  I stayed in town and ran the bridge over the river in the middle of my 21+ miles.

Listening to the baby sox, so fun.

Glad your Dh is home Carolyn and hoping for that call back, enke.

Have to go eat.....not orzo but I love the sounds of that recipe.

Grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

TomS -where were you and family when the house got struck?
          what time?  did it wake you up? Kind of scary?

leslie - good thing you’re up on Mt. Hood
          . . . where it’s nice and cool, but I doubt it.
          otherwise, saltrate, saltrate, saltrate too
          ps - good luck ops and enks on the apps..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Moon? What moon? We don't see the moon at night these days, although we do see a bit of it in the morning sometimes.

Glad to hear Ribs' son is doing better. Surgery like that always has a long recovery process.

Nice racing with the fam, Jlynne! I'm sure Jan was smiling, taking it all in. And yeah, I know how it feels to be bested by someone pushing a stroller in a race. Drat!

GL with the job, Opie! Nice that you got to run with Paul, or that he got to run with you... or you guys got to run together!

Ran the annual Opera Fairbanks fund raiser run today... the Run of the Valkyries 8k race. Kind of hot (for us) at low 70's with full sun at 10 a.m., but it was a very flat course with just some tight turns in the first mile. Was feeling good at the start, and got passed at the end of mile 1 by a 30'something gal I like to try to beat. She's very fast, and a good steady runner. When she passed me, I hung on her right shoulder and didn't let go. I figured even if I couldn't beat her, she'd help me hold a good strong pace. Well, I stayed with her the entire race, and when we re-entered the park where the finish line was, I said "it's now or never!" We both put on a good kick but I got in front of her and stayed. Finished 3 seconds ahead of her. I was thrilled! Not only was 36:51 my 3rd best time for this race (since 2009), I was 1st in my AG, and 6th woman overall. And this gal that I out kicked at the end? She's adorable, so sweet and I love her dearly. But she's also the one who bested me in a 5k at the finish line pushing a stroller a couple years ago. So now we're (almost) even!

Marathon Maniac #957

Glad to hear Ribs' son is doing better. Surgery like that always has a long recovery process.

Nice racing with the fam, Jlynne! I'm sure Jan was smiling, taking it all in. And yeah, I know how it feels to be bested by someone pushing a stroller in a race. Drat!

GL with the job, Opie! Nice that you got to run with Paul, or that he got to run with you... or you guys got to run together!

+1

TomS - that was a heckofa lightning strike!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Not only was 36:51 my 3rd best time for this race (since 2009), I was 1st in my AG, and 6th woman overall.

Excellent racing!

4.15 miles for me on Saturday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Great photos Stumpy! Reminds me of Friday night at our lake. My DH  and two of his siblings own a little place on Silver Lake in Madison, NH, just south of Conway.   Its use and  allocation of use has become much more complicated the last few years, but this past weekend we had it to ourselves--  gorgeous moon Friday; I swam late, around 10:30, and the lake side of things looked almost like day time.

Saturday morning my DS got up at 6:30 to water ski ( I got up with him).  We have  lake neighbors with a very good ski boat and they have sort of taken him under their wing to coach him and take  him out. Pretty skier. He experimented with one armed turns. He is probably just barely strong enough, but he keeps improving!

I went in the boat then ran about 9, nice air, very hilly dirt road route. Then cook, cook with a bunch  of friends to dinner!

Great racing Erika!