Masters Running

Newbies Thread. Others welcome too. Experienced runners especially. (Read 416 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Kevin, congrats to your daughter!! Yeah, we'll be working into our 80s at least! How do these schools get away with highway robbery??? We are SO short of money it's not even funny. I'm glad we're working 60+ hours a week right now! I'm hoping to stash more away each month.
    lswife

dg - I'm still here, waving hi, and posting a new topic for help - shin splints
        Kevin, congrats to her. Theresa, I know what you mean. I will have to work until I die. dg, All I know is strassburg socks and stretching. I think icing after a run too might help. Wish I could be of more help. I am up to 10 mins of running straight now with no walks between. I think I am recovering. Not as much pain and less pain the day after. Plus I am getting stronger. Bought a pair of Nike peggasus yesterday. I had numb toes after 2 miles in them (walk/run). Returned them today for a pair of mizuno neutral cushion shoes which will hopefully work better. I like the Nike grey color though. Too bad. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I ran the Yarmouth Clam Festival 5-mile race route today, plus some extra to make it 7.1 miles. It's a little hilly, but not 12:08 mpm hilly! Yikes. I know I'm supposed to run slowly, but that's ridiculous. Oh, well, at least I didn't walk any. I also had to go slowly through the town park, because there's still ice and snow on the paved paths. Onward and upward!
            Theresa, Congrats. Thats still impressive running 7 miles of hills on ice and snow! Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

2.5 painful miles for me this week. Ugh. I tried out new running shoes. A non stability shoe. Big mistake. My right leg hurt the whole way starting out with tingling pain up and back along my foot sole. This leg is driving me nuts. I can swim, lift, ride a bike and do most everything except run. Maybe my running partner was right. Maybe I am not cut out for running. Where is everybody???? Laurie

Rindaroo

Hey all - just back from a trip to Socal where it was warm, blue skies & 80 degrees - gorgeous! why did I move away?? lol yeah, the reasons I moved were there too..... my dad is horrible, wondering when my stepmom will have to put him in a home.. its just about too much for her Sad my foot - podiatrist yanked it around feeling for the problems.. it irritated it, and then I kinda did this little dance at DD's classroom that night Sad I was forced! okay that's what I'm going with.. by that Saturday I could barely walk.. so it has been getting slowly better again. It definitely wasn't ready for all that.. Kevin - congrats to DD!! Actually I think UCLA is a better school, and cheaper.. oh but maybe not for out of state residents. USC has a huge network of alumni though... either way, I'm sure she'll love the warm weather Big grin
                  Hi Linda, sorry about your dad. I think we have a hard time waiting for things to heal. How does it feel now? My leg is back to worse again. Its been back and forth since Dec. Saw the orthopedic surgeon Wed. He examined it for 2 mins and then ordered an MRI. I wish he would have just ordered the MRI before the appt. Since i waited over a month for this appt only to be told to wait another month for the MRI. But now I have more reason to schedule appts with the cute massage therapist. Laurie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Linda, I had a similar experience in Texas - nice and warm! The first morning DS and I ran, it was perfect - 48 degrees and sunny. It was fun seeing all the runners bundled up, while we wore short sleeves and shorts! The next morning, though, it was 64. Felt too warm! I'm with you - I love my family, but I'm very happy to live 2,500 miles away from them.