Masters Running

It's on. Oh, it's on. Boston Marathon Masters Pre-Race Partay! (Read 894 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks for the pictures!  And thanks, wild for putting the names up there.  For never meeting these people, you're pretty good.

lamerunner

I cannot see the pictures on the office computer but I was there! Nice to meet some more of the group. Thanks very much to Robin for putting this together. I hope to make it to another gathering soon...

aka FlyingFinn

I'm sorry anyone is partially obscured. Sad

Consider this a placeholder until someone posts a better group shot. My phone didn't take the best photos. I want to share what my travel companions said about this group after first attending this party then going out to dinner with my friend's running club that night. All agreed that this group was way more fun! Smile

Front row: Pro, me, Robin, Deez, Marj, Evanflein, Hally, Henry

Back row: Jay, Bhearn, Ribs, Peter, Stumpy, Pfriese, Kevin

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

#artbydmcbride

Sheesh, all those handsome guys hidden behind all those gorgeous wimmen! 

Runners run

Hill Runner

...so excited to finally meet Ribs, my idol after all these years...I arrived a little bit late with Bob Hearn....it was one of the highlights of my Boston 2012 trip!
            Robin...thank you so much for putting this together for all these years....we all really appreciate it. 

PS...I know that someone there took a picture of Paul & me....I'll be checking back to see if anyone posted it.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Robin, I hope you're enjoying Belize.  You deserved it just for having put on such a nice party, much less adding in a marathon.  thank you so much.  It sure was nice to see some familiar faces and some new imaginary friends.

I don't know if any of you would like a souvenir copy of the Globe special sections from before and the day after, but i've set them aside and would be happy to send them if anyone would like them.  send me a message with an address and I get them out.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Well, since my DH and I showed late at the party, I only have these two photos to share.

Left to right: Paavo, my wings, and RTravers. 

Deez4boys and I

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

pfriese

#4 - Henrun and Marj - who are the other 2? Is that Paul and his DW?

Correct.

Great pictures.

Thanks for posting the pictures since I brought no camera to the pahtay.

Paul

Mariposai

and of course, my wings were very, very happy to pose with my two idols: Marj and Henry. More adorable, fun loving couple you could never find.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Henrun

Thank you Posie. Great photo and I'm red from ear to ear.Blush

wildchild

Carolyn

Is that Walt behind Peter and Ribs in Peter's picture?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

That is indeed WaltRB in the background.  Spareribs

Hill Runner

...found a couple more

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13