Masters Running

How about we Reach the Beach together in 2015? (Read 58 times)

Free to a good home!  I have two sets of RedFox Bluetooth headsets that I am happy to part with to anybody that is willing to just pay the packing and shipping costs.  Both sets have busted microphones!  You can hear just fine with them.  That means they work just fine for listening to music but are useless for making phone calls.

There is one little restriction for now on the free to a good home thing.  Free to the good home of a member of the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club relay team!    Yes, this is one little way I have to encourage sign ups and check mailings!  First dibs go to anyone that has signed up and sent me a check for their registration fee.  Second dibs to anyone that has signed up but not sent me their check yet (although I would appreciate a check as I had to pay for the whole team's registration fee already).

How did I end up with these two half working RedFox headsets?  I bought one at last year's Flying Pig Marathon.  After a few runs the microphone stopped working.  I sent it back under the warranty.  The microphone on the next one also died after a few runs.  So did the third.  After that one went they just sent me a fourth one that they said had a super duper coating that would better resist sweat; which they claimed was responsible for the other ones that shorted out.  So ends my little story of how I wound up with these two broken microphone headsets.  For the record, no my new headset is NOT a RedFox!  For what it is worth, I have a JayBird headset that has worked just fine for nearly a year.  But, I find that the JayBird design does not stay put as well on me as the RedFox variety which is why I tried the RedFox.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I figured I would bump this back up to hopefully encourage some more of our masters group to sign up!  In team news, good and bad.  I may have recently roped in three new runners!     Related good news is that one of our team mates from 2014 who was on the fence about coming this year due to a significant running injury finally seems to be on the mend.  Hopefully, that will mean another teammate or two in short order.  Keep your fingers crossed as that will bring us up to spitting distance of a full team.  On the bad news front, I think I lost one due to scheduling issues. 

If you have not seen the free headset to a good home (good home of a Rosie Ruiz Fan Club teammate!) check out my post above!

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hello! Are you still looking for runners? I think I might actually be able to swing this, since I'll be in Boston that week (just confirmed it with MrOM). Where do I sign up?? Smile

YAY YAY YAY!! TwoCat - hurry so she doesn't change her mind!!

denise

deez4boyz I am on it!  I just need an email address for OrangeMat and an official invitation will go out.  In other good news I signed up another runner today!  Two in two days I am on a roll!  Rosie would be proud.  At least if I were rolling in a train! 

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Got the email, signed up, and will have a check sent out by Monday. Woohoo!!

Mariposai

Yes, Rosie Ruiz Fan Club has tge best captain ever.

Horray, OrangeMat is in yipieeee

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

coastwalker

Welcome to the RRFC adventure, OM - I glad to have you on our team this year!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

So happy!!

Really hoping Nancy, Amy and Robin can all work out their plans and join the band wagon - I mean T as well!! 

denise

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I wish there were 'like' buttons here.... Smile

Yes, I hope Nancy and Robin can make it as well! Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Good news all, we just had Paula from last year's team agree to join up again!  That makes 9 people for the team so far!  Just 3 spots to go.  If you are sitting on the fence now might be a good time to get off!  Join up today!

coastwalker

Hi Twocat,

It's great that Paula will be joining the RRFC team again this year! I hope more of our RA friends will fill some of the last 3 spots.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Now up to 10!  Just 2 more to go!

an amazing likeness

Northern lights over Crawford Notch earlier this week.  If you join our team in Van1, you'll run right past this railroad station...

...and over Moosehead Lake in Maine: (unrelated to RTB)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I am really happy to report enkephalin has joined our team!  A hearty welcome to her!  That makes 11 runners!  One spot left!  Anyone out there sitting on the sidelines wondering to themselves, "Hmm, should I join, should I join?" Well, now would be a good time to get off the dime!  Next yes and the team is full!