Masters Running

Thursday's Stuff: 5.14.15 (Read 32 times)

Mariposai

Erika, you never stop to impress me. Long day of meeting but yet you are still planning to run at the gym.

Not to over shadow twocat's running pictures, here are a few of my pictures from the sunflower ultra run.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Beautiful pictures, Mariposai! Those clear skies and bright sunshine look gorgeous, but I can see where it got a bit warm.

My flight home was canceled, but they got us rebooked on another one pretty quickly. Looks like it might've been a mechanical issue with our flight because they got us on a 737 just a few minutes later, and they pretty much stopped flying the 737's on the Anchorage to Fairbanks routes. All good, and it was so nice to leave the airport and feel the rush of warm air hit me... I was so cold all day! Anyhow on the way to the gym, I realized I didn't have my ID. Oh well, I'll go up to my office to run from there. Oops, have a different purse, didn't bring my building key. Rats. So, went to the store for milk and strawberries, filled up the truck with gas and went home. Almost didn't go but glad I did. 5.3 easy miles in warm 68-70° and a little sunshine left at almost 9 p.m. What a beautiful night! I was tired and achey when I left, and felt awesome when I got back. Still tired, but happy to be home and have a good run.

Spent some time on the deck enjoying the evening, with the old cat out by the compost pile looking for voles (like field mice). He caught one, and I took it from him and threw it in the burn pile. He gave me a dirty look and went back to the compost area. I could hear something in the bushes, and was concerned it was a dog so was ready to bring old kitty in. Nope, just a moose.