Masters Running

Snowy Saturday 2/21 (Read 41 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

It was snowing heavily and we had about 5" of new snow when I went out this morning. Mostly the plows had not been out yet, so I ran in the few tire tracks on the unplowed roads.  Slow, but lovely.

Holly, this pretty much describes my run, too!  11.5 miles for me.  26° at the start and 19° at the end.  The snow is supposed to continue through tomorrow.  I had to bail on the fat ass group run today because the roads are bad, so I just ran at home instead.

Good luck with the move, Jeanne.  And I'm also very sorry to hear about your nephew.  Did he have kids?

Karin, awesome 21 miler!   And Robin - 17 miles on the treadmill?  You're tough!  So happy you're running pain free now!

Hey Mike - how's your heel?  Are you running again, or still taking time off?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

...sorry jylnne//..........TOTALLY missed the second half of your post............addiction is horrible for all concerned,

and

my post was SUPPOSED to say ''Wishing you a Smooth Move , with no police arrests involved.''

I need to re-read those things before I hit the ''post'' key

==========

http://wkrn.com/weather/radar/

well,

The Apocalypse is here.........7-days of ice followed with 48-hours of rain,,,,,,,,can't see where the road Used to be......

so now we got Ice with 2-inches of water on top of it........meh.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

This kind?  http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/products/smooth-move/ 

Thanks for that Holly. Had to laugh about that "smooth move"

Nice to see posts from Lamerunner, Deez and C-R.

We watched "St Vincent" last night. If you like Bill Murray, you'll enjoy this movie. If you don't, skip it. I thought it was pretty good. In our effort to try and see all of the movies nominated for Oscars, tonight we're watching "Birdman."  This will be after our "clean out the freezer" dinner. Not sure what we're having, but I have frozen spinach and strawberries, one chicken breast, one hamburger patty and some freezer jam. This could be delicious. Or not.

ribs, it's good to hear about Hudson, as it is to hear of the kids of all the RA people.  jlynne, how sad about your nephew.  My thoughts are with the whole family.  lame, congrats to your son doing so well at the state ski finals.

Nice long runs for CNY, DrRobin (TM), and wild.  Good job on the speedwork for mari.

Our weather has been ridiculously cold for over a week.  Yesterday it was about -20 first thing in the morning.  Today, the temperature was decent for the time of year.  Monday, it's supposed to be back in the -20 range and stay there for a few days.  It was great that today was the only good day in a two plus week stretch as I did two races.  The first 5K was in Bay City, a race I've done for a number of years.  The temp was in the mid teens and there was a light wind.  I wore my Ice Trekkers.  My GPS gave me a time of 32;21, distnce of 3.13 miles, and a pace of 10:20.  I was 2/2 in my AG (70+).  The second race was in the afternoon in Flint.  The temperature was in the mid 20s, there was a light wind, and the roads were clear.  I ran with my daughter who hasn't run much lately and has a cold.  My GPS gave us a time of 33:33, distance of 3.03 miles and a pace of 11:03.  I was 1/2 in my AG (70+).  I did a .4 mile warmup before each race to give me 7 miles for the day.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

Magnificent running today, even with bad, bad weather.

Tselbs, great job on your age win, even with the freezing cold weather.

Robin, 17 miles on the TM. You go girl!! Great news about the pain free run!!

Denise, that goes for you too!!!

Twocat, sorry to hear that not even zombies and ghosts helped your run today. Chin up buddie, this also shall pass.

As per my plan, the Easy Pacer drove me 13 miles up north and I ran back home. The wind was so strong that even running with the win was tough.

Then I came home to cook our rendition of Chine New Year Celebration. It was very tasty.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

That does look good! And smart to run with the wind at your back. I try to do that whenever possible.

Sorry about the aborted run, Twocat, but sometimes that's just what you get. Live to run another day and all that, right?

I ran about 10 miles in tire tracks through deep snow in Juneau a few years ago. Not something I want to repeat anytime soon.

I did get out for 9.1 miles in mid-30's temps today! The sun kind of hid behind clouds and the footing was a little slippery even with the spikes. But I wore one light pair of fleece gloves, running pants with no tights or long undies and a long sleeved shirt with a short sleeved shirt underneath. Almost overheated at one point but was glad to have my headband to keep my ears warm. Wish I didn't get earaches so easily or I would've skipped that, too. Felt wonderful to be out there in few layers! Now to find dry pavement... but I think that'll have to wait awhile longer.

SteveP

(((((JLynne))))) the lady who convinced me to sober up recently passed from an overdose herself. After our last phone conversation, I did everything I could think of to find where she was staying.

Sweet run Henrun.

Glad to hear about Dr.J.

Dw, Tag and I hit a 5K that we really enjoy. I swear it's the dog's favorite race. The temp at start time was 15oF. 35 degrees warmer than it's been and there was virtually no wind. SWEEEET! As it's a point to point event DW dropped us off at the start. We both tore around for a pre race warm up.

We went through knee deep snow down the the beach. I was hoping his running like a nut pre race would settle him down before the start. It didn't.

We're between the two busses in order to minimize distractions from Tag's pre race excitement.

DW's garmin died. Tag and I did 3.22 in 32 min and some change. The post race raffle was well over an hour. When the numbers were put back into the hat for round two of prize drawing, we left. We may never know how we did in our AGs. We did have a blast though.

SteveP

steve, nice 5K with your wife and Tag.  roch, have a nice vacation.

This morning, it was in the high teens and there was a light breeze.  My Ice Trekkers and I got in 3 miles at an 11:35 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS