Masters Running

Thursday 8/21 - Is Jay still running? (Read 47 times)

mrrun

How many grandkids do you and Henry have now?

we have 6 GS1-21, GS2-18 = off to OSU as I type, GD1-7. GD2-6, GS3-6 and GD3-almost 2.  most of the pics of the 2 older ones are only on FB as we don't get to Ohio as much as we would like.  the other 4 are local (MA, NH, & ME)

biked around 10 miles to get hair cut and shop at farmer's market.  now to cook the stuff i bought!

lots of nice running reported as well as coffee recovery walks and kayaks

No running or biking on the docket for today, so I headed over to Planet Fitness for a weight machine circuit workout. Planet Fitness is brand new here and is a great place to work out with tons of equipment, roomy locker room and showers, not very crowded, well-cleaned and maintained, open 24x7 year round, a mile from home, and all for $10/month. It has led to me dropping my long-standing membership at the Oakland U Rec Center, and even the YMCA membership that comes free with my health insurance.

I'm walking with an old friend tomorrow morning and have rare company coming in for the weekend, so I may not run again until Monday. Hope I can make it that long...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

BTY

Meh.

BTY

" Planet Fitness is brand new here and is a great place to work out with tons of equipment, roomy locker room and showers, not very crowded, well-cleaned and maintained, open 24x7 year round, a mile from home, and all for $10/month. It has led to me dropping my long-standing membership at the Oakland U Rec Center, and even the YMCA membership that comes free with my health insurance."

I hope they are as successful in your area as they have been in Upstate NY. There are probably 7 within 20 minutes of downtown Albany. The $20/mo membership allows free visits to any PF which is handy to have especially with all of the travel I do, but worth it even if o didn't travel.

I'm walking with an old friend tomorrow morning and have rare company coming in for the weekend, so I may not run again until Monday. Hope I can make it that long...

AamosY a scale is just some arbitrary range of numbers.  It can be defined however one wants.  For example, suppose you have a box and you say capacity is 2 cubic feet.  Now suppose there are 2.2 cubic feet of wood blocks in it.  It is now at 110% of capacity.  What does that mean?  Likely 100% was defined as the most you can put in the box and still close it with the lid flat.  At 110% it means the blocks are sticking up past the top of the box and you cannot close it flat, unless you remove 10% of the mass.  As to explaining the scale and its maximum you use scales without a maximum all the time!  The Dow Jones Industrial Average is a scale.  What is its maximum?  It has a minimum, zero, but not maximum.

I have been pretty busy so posting has been relegated to my "yea I gotta get to it list" meaning I never get to it.  Setting up the relay team for the Reach the Beach Relay in September in New Hampshire has kept me pretty busy  (A team which by the way still needs one more person so jump in!  Just send me an RA message to do so!)  Also I did my quads in with a new exercise routine and have been unable to run for the past few days.  If you ski and ski moguls for long periods of time your first day of the season you have a pretty good idea of what my legs feel like.  Today was the first day I since Tuesday that I can walk down stairs with something other than a zombie's gate.  With luck, my quads will be in shape for this Saturday's wacky (9.4 mile) distance race.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Sometimes I feel so dumb when I read this stuff in here.  My brain...when it's running at 110% effeciancy, is only about 20% effeciant as some of you when your brains are only running at 50%...I have no idea what any of that means...but I do know that I'm barely functioning on about 5% of energy which probably puts my brain effenciency down to around 2%, which means I should be 100% asleep, right now....are we ever 100% asleep?

So...what did I come in to do?  Oh...my run...9 miles in 1:07:15, with the middle 3 in 20:03.  Tomorrow's a rest day...then the weekend runs...woo hoo.

Okay--I gotta go...by the way...all of my percentages mentioned above may be 10% to 75% off either way...

Mariposai

Hello everybody!

Sometimes I feel so dumb when I read this stuff in here.  My brain...when it's running at 110% effeciancy, is only about 20% effeciant as some of you when your brains are only running at 50%...I have no idea what any of that means...but I do know that I'm barely functioning on about 5% of energy which probably puts my brain effenciency down to around 2%, which means I should be 100% asleep, right now....are we ever 100% asleep?

So...what did I come in to do? 

just the way I feel 99% of the time when hanging out with you brilliant people!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hello everybody!

So...what did I come in to do?  Oh...my run...9 miles in 1:07:15, with the middle 3 in 20:03.  Tomorrow's a rest day...then the weekend runs...woo hoo.

Okay--I gotta go...by the way...all of my percentages mentioned above may be 10% to 75% off either way...

I knew this was going to happen eventually, if not sooner-or-later,

when you starting understanding my posts better than I did,, if I did.. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Ok, I'm not even going to try to follow up an of that with a comment...

Got in last night (this morning?) around 2 a.m., and got to bed around 3:30 a.m. Was up by 7 and at work by 8:30. Didn't get a chance to run today, afternoon meetings ran way late. Then we picked up Abby after work and I just didn't want to go out after we got home. So... no run for the second day in a row.

Abby is doing better, but still not her old crabby self. But she's more alert, tolerating her food more, and feeling more perky, so we're hoping things are looking up. I can always run tomorrow.

Marathon Maniac #957

I knew this was going to happen eventually, if not sooner-or-later,

when you starting understanding my posts better than I did,, if I did.. .

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."