Masters Running

October 2014's first Daily (Read 36 times)

Mariposai

Someday  I would love to visit Texas and visit The Saint's yarn store.

Erika, snow already? I am glad you are having a good conference.

Holly already running again after such a hard ultra race?

Stumpy, you are sure running well these days!!! When is your next race?

Tomwhite, you always make me smile.

Dave59, hugs to Anabelle!

This has been a very long week for me at work, so I was really looking forward to my run this afternoon. I went out for 7 miles meandering among the orchards just to check on the status of the apple harvest.

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Jay, FEMA just rezoned the flood maps here in our town and it affects home values significantly. We just bought a house for a rental in the flood zone and paid a lot less than they were asking. Since we didn't need a mortgage for it we do not have to have flood insurance. That insurance does not even cover any damage to a basement, just the house above ground.

Amy, I remember that flood in Rapid City and how awful it was. Unbelievable.  I don't know about states without open bottle laws, but  remember that Montana had no speed limit at one time.  We just have one municipal liquor store so that the City gets to keep the profits.

I was ready to resign from work yesterday then remembered that I would have to get health insurance for both of us. I guess I can wait 3 more years. I would love to work in a yarn store but we don't have one.

Dave, doesn't it cool off at dusk? You could try getting up at 3:45 like Jay.

I ran the five miles around the lake after work in about 55:00. It started out sunny and warm, 70 degrees, then turned cloudy, then the rain came in a downpour for about 5 minutes. I made pretty good time for that one mile. It didn't even get the pavement on my side of the lake wet at all.  My body still aches from my tumble off my bike on Sunday but it is getting better.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

Liquor is expensive in Oregon?  I'll take Leslies word for it. I think I've gone into a liquor store once in the past 10 yrs and that was to buy vodka to make vanilla extract. and i felt very odd and out of place in a liquor store too.  but beer, wine and Mike's. that's what I drink. and I can get that in my grocery store.

got in 4.5 miles today. sort of a test to see if I can even run at least 3 miles nowadays w/o stopping. I did it. so guess I can muddle through a 5K on Saturday. but I'll be freezing my arse off in MN.

will be getting up at Jay O'clock to catch an early flight to MSP. Maybe MikeE can post a little blurb while I'm there, but I probably won't have internet access while I'm in MN, since I don't have one of those phones that allow me to post to the world what I'm doing as I'm doing it. and that might be a good thing.

See you next week!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

It started out sunny and warm, 70 degrees, then turned cloudy, then the rain came in a downpour for about 5 minutes. I made pretty good time for that one mile.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Holly already running again after such a hard ultra race?

She only did the 50k.

evanflein

She only did the 50k.

Poor Holly. I've never heard of anyone for getting so teased about "only" doing the 50k!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Poor Holly. I've never heard of anyone for getting so teased about "only" doing the 50k!!

Let's tell francesca and dove (who've run more than 300 miles and more than 150 miles each, respectively, in single events) that MikeE only ran 50 miles.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)