Masters Running

It's Friday! 8.9.13 (Read 45 times)

And I'll save everyone else from having to Google it.

This is a martinet.

===========

......ok,

now my 1st marriage is making more sense..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'll be like Tammy and others not running today either but I' have in my hand a precious 1,000 marathon pin from the North American 100-Marathon Club to present at Sunday's 32nd Enoshima Marathon for Marason Goddess Noriko Sakota's 1,000th marathon in 21 years after I fly across the International Dateline into tomorrow today.  At my current rate, It'd take me 223 years to get one.  Tell ilene no matter how much she likes martinets to get off the phone with ribs and get back herel.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

dg.

glug glug swamped at work, posting to keep the numbers up.

I miss Ilene too.

and, where & how are Mary & Jeanne?

for that matter, anybody know anything about Sue T?

evanflein

All sorts of former posters, missing in action. I hope Ilene is ok.

tomwhite... snork!

Carolyn, thanks for clearing up the weekend race schedule. As much as I love the Gold Discovery Run, I'm not sure I'm ready to do it again....

Tammy, while not as bad as where you are, our recent hot windy weather has kicked up several fires in the Interior, and we've had smoke in the valley here the last few days. It seems pretty thick this morning, but I'm still going out for a run. Just 5 or so easy miles since the last few days have been some pretty hilly trail runs.

Have fun, Holly! Nice that you guys can get out for a grownups weekend with friends. It's so nice when the kids get a little older and self-sufficient.

Esther, pedicures are fair game here, too! Holly posted a pretty cool shot before her Ky marathon of freshly painted toes... cool stuff!

Former poster checking in

Time to stop lurking and admit that I am back at running. It was a l-o-n-g break between June 16, 2012 and May 23, 2013 - but who is counting? Today was a particularly fun run as ... my Friday starts at 7:00am each and every week. I decided today, to sleep a bit longer and run into work, rather than wake up at the hour which Dave59 usually sleeps through. It was a fun way to start the day.

Always nice to see some familiar faces here and meet new people.

Ilene?

OrangeMat - it was a lovely pedicure indeed that you posted as well as a wonderful Joie de Vivre!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Mariposai

La tortuga is here!!! 

Holly, have fun!!!

No running for me today, but I wanted to comment how happy it makes to see Enkie racking up the miles this week. Way to go girlfriend!

I knew that I had a long day ahead of me, so instead of running I decided to sleep an extra hour. After work,  I did come home and pulled out my blue yoga mat and proceeded to burn some calories with some serious XT video.

Go racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

La tortuga is here!!! 

and she's running & having fun oh boy oh boy

: )

evanflein

5.7 easy miles today... or 5.6... something like that, then a lot of errands and getting stuff done that doesn't get done when you work full time. Then DH and I went berry picking and got some more really nice berries! They won't last much longer, but if we can go out for just an hour or two a few times in the next week or so, we'll get plenty!

Really smoky all day today. Need to check our local air quality site to see how it's registering for small particulates. Bleh.

SteveP

I wish Avenger Doggie had his own FB. I would "follow" him and his adventures for sure. In fact, I think if pets had their own FB accounts, it would be a whole lot more interesting over there. LOL

I'm connected with some long distances relatives that I, otherwise, wouldn't have as frequent of contact with; HS friends I've reconnected with and actually like now that we are all adults; and of course running friends. That's my main circle of friends over there. 

Im grateful for the friends and family members it's brought back into my life.

SteveP