Masters Running

Wed Mar 19 Runs and Workouts (Read 678 times)

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tonguepshew! I love my running club! --haven't been able to run with them much as they start out on Wednesdays in the winter at 4 or so and I work. With the advent of DST, they're back to 5:30, so I got to hit the streets with my chums. They are a lot of fun, and fast! I'm running with one guy who is a really lovely person, father of 3, 2 young women in college, grown son and I tell him: "go on ahead--don't let me hold you back." He's training for an April marathon, has run Boston in past years. "O, this is fine," he assures me. "I think we're at about an 8 pace, no?" I check my Garmin and we just finished mile 2 (mile 1 was a warm-up) in 8:03. "Spot on" I tell him....and then we're off. We manage to keep chatting for the remainder of the run, but me in sentences, him more in paragraphs. When we finish at 5, I exclaim: "That was so not an eight pace!" I run my Garmin numbers past him...."I guess we got loosened up, he grins." Here are the splits: 8:46 8:03 7:45 7:37 7:24 I love these guys. grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles

GreenMan

Hey folks, Late post, didn't make it in until dark 33.33 bike miles 1 mile walking 10 miles running The first half of the biking was in the rain, but it was a warm, 60* rain. The frogs were singing with abandon. Lovely day all in all. Still sore in places, but good energy the whole trip. JJJ
      Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
      pfriese

Evening all, Late post for me, also. A nice evening for an easy paced run. 11.9 miles @ 9:50/mile pace Paul
          Thanks Skip! I'll try to take good care of her while she's in Dayton.... Big grin How're YOU doing, btw?
          Doing OK. Rebuilding phase. Just trying to behave myself as best I can. Thanks for asking. Good luck on your upcoming races, especially Boston. I will be thinking of you.
            very late post..........tuesday 30 minutes spin bike worked 7p-7a - thought i had a broken toe from dropping a glass jar of pb on it........my toe looked like a purple sausgae - so did the ice/motrin and went to bed right after working instead of running fortunately when i woke up the toe was much less swollen and i could bend it but still a pretty purple so just did some abs and stretching before coming in to work.........plan to run in am after work!!

denise

OK...I'm posting on Thurs for a Wed run....I knew I was the master procroster! 6.2 easy miles along the shore of Lake Olverholser. IRC... 10:4x pace. Gppd running to all!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM