Masters Running

5-Week Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Start Day (Read 363 times)

Nono - you are too funny! Like everyone else, the scale was not kind this morning. 125 pounds - that's one pound more than last week. And, like Holly, I'm "heighth challenged." Do you think humans are like animals and put on extra weight during the winter as a defense mechanism against predators? (Predators being husbands, kids, bosses, etc). All I know is I've been trying really hard and this is getting depressing. We haven't even hit the "big weeks" between Christmas and New Years. Sad

flatland mountaineer

Nono thats so funny!! Big grin I weigh in on Sunday before my long run, same time etc. for consistancy and never during the week. Kelly I think was talking about wieght gain after long runs, one of the run mags had an article on just such. As for my profile weight well I guess I lied Wink. I haven't seen 97 pounds since 8th grade. I was down to 172 at my goal races last summer and 5 pounds won't quite get me back there but it'l work for now. Smile

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Marathon Maniac #957

We haven't even hit the "big weeks" between Christmas and New Years. Sad
        Well, technically, there's only one week between Christmas in New Year's. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

i am definitely joining this group on Monday -- i am so out of control right now -- lost a few lbs last month and have put them right back on -- this is ridiculous!! i'm going away for the weekend so will check back in sunday night or monday morning!! have a healthy weekend friends!!

denise

Gee, Holly. I've added so many pounds I'm even making my words heavier by adding s's where they shouldn't be Dead
            wildchild

Carolyn

This is cool - starting a New Year's resolution in early December! That way, there'll be less resolving to face come Jan 1. Cool I'm at a good weight, 120 lbs, (please don't hate me!) so I just need to maintain for the next 5 weeks. But I'll have to check this thread to see what Nono's been up to... Cool

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Prince of Fatness

December 5 - 173 lbs. That's up 4 from when I was injured (early November), so between not running much and overindulging over Thanksgiving I'm not going to complain. I'd like to get back down under 170 in the next few weeks, with a longer term goal of under 165. I was 189 in the spring of 2007 so it's still all good. Thanks for coming up with this idea Holly. It's the kick in the ass that I needed.

Not at it at all. 

Renee the dog

No hatin' here. I think it is GREAT that you are where you want to be, wildchild!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Gee, Holly. I've added so many pounds I'm even making my words heavier by adding s's where they shouldn't be Dead
                    Big grin Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Ok, I'm nearly 5'10'' and if I weighed as little as some of you, I'd be dragged in for anorexia! I got chewed out by my doc once for weighing 135..."you're too skinny...gain some weight." On the other hand, if I did weigh 120, I might fit into my microscopic kitchen pantry to use the scale. Well, on the other hand, I think I'll keep the scale in my bathroom if it's all the same to you. Alas, the days of reprimands from doctors are long past and I carry a few more than 5 spare pounds around. I may be a complete fool for joining this one, but I'll shoot for maintaining and an awesome goal would be losing 5+. I'll try to log in on Thursday or Friday to report my progress, but forgive me I think I'll leave the weight off Blush
                        I'll join in too. Finally worked up the nerve to step on the scale this morning and it wasn't too bad - 119. I'm 5'5" so I'm about exactly where dg is. I do carry a lot of muscle so it's not very easy to lose. I'd like to get to 115 but would settle for 117, which is where I was back in September. Hopefully getting my long run up to 15 or more will help do the trick. That and making some better food choices. Nono, your story was hilarious! I do think you could give Erma a run for her money. Meg

Once a runner . . .

What a way to start this 5-week plan yesterday: a co-worker brought in muffins for the department to help us "bulk up for concert weeks" and then we were fed at the singing gig last night! I drove 80+ miles for the gig, so I wasn't gonna pass up free food! Didn't over do it, though, since we had supper first, then sang - sort of like singing for your supper in reverse - and I knew I wouldn't sing well on too full of a stomach. New stove at the shore house, though, so not baking wonderful things there is going to be hard. Evil grin Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Celebrated Sinterklaas at a friend's house last night. If you're interested, here's a link that explains it all. We ate, had presents and played board games when the little ones went to sleep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas My friend and her sister overfed me with fish, shrimps and small potatoes (from the oven) for dinner. I stayed away from the sweet stuff after dinner so I think I didn't do too badly. I hope. But there's a lot of chocolate in the house right now. It's the cheap stuff that I don't like very much. So that's good right?

Dutchie
                            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Marathon Maniac #3309

As someone who has lost over 100 pounds, I am pretty picky about what I eat, and obviously running helps to keep the weight off too. But NOT being to run right now, plus the Hoidays is freaking me out. Saturdays are my normal time for my weigh in because that is when I normally weigh the least. Because of not running, I have not weighed myself for a long time out of fear, but will say my pants fit about the same, so I guessed I was fine. Ok, my goal weight is 150 which I only reach maybe a few times a year. My happy weight is 153, which I am at if all is going well. I just now weighed myself, and I am currently at 158...nothing to really freak out about, but I don't want to reach the 160's as that's when I start the freaking out thing. So, I guess it's 5 pounds for me, which would be easy running a lot. And I have been super good about eating right. So I guess maintaining, or losing a couple of pounds would be a good goal for me, till I can run lots again. nono, as everyone else has said...too funny, lol Heck, me being really sick right now may be good for a couple of pounds...but would rather NOT be sick. Thanks Holly! TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!