Masters Running

The Monday Daily - 5.20.13 (Read 52 times)

Opie reports on FB that he and his family are OK.  He was apparently not in the worst area.  I bet he is helping others.

Had a good trail maintenance session in the woods today.y.  I am just walking these days, but still have hopes to run again!

evanflein

So glad to hear about Opie and Paul Friese tonight. I saw the pictures on the news after I arrived at DH's office after my run tonight and it almost brought me to tears. At last count, 51 were dead including 20 children! Oh, how terrible is mother nature sometimes, I just can't imagine. So many people ask me how I can live here, and I tell you one thing I'm terrified of is unstable air masses. We don't get tornadoes or hurricanes here. We get severe cold snaps which can be forecast and do not rip your house from your foundation. I'd much rather live in Alaska with our cold winters and unusually cold/long springs than have to deal with hurricanes, tornadoes or earthquakes that rip our towns apart. Goodness gracious....

Today's run was 6.1 mostly easy miles after work. Saturday was 9+ miles and Sunday was 16.1 @ 8:06 or so... Looking to maybe do 20 miler this weekend. DH has been looking for marathons for me and we need to find a series that allows me to collect states and still do local race series races if possible. Nancy, that schedule I gave you might be changing....

Marathon Maniac #957

Just a quick check-in from Oklahoma. We're OK here. The tornado was about 20 miles from my house. I've talked to Opie and he's OK too. The tornado was much closer to him, probably less than 1 mile.

Paul

Thank you for this, Paul  This was the first thing on my mind when I checked in here.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."