Masters Running

Sat April 26 Master/Boomer Runs (Read 462 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm taking this opportunity to post my goals for this, my first marathon. In order of priority: 1. fininsh injury free 2. finish strong 3. 4:30 just because it's a nice round number (as far as time goes) 4. 4:25 just because it's in the middle. 5 4:20 evryday on crack goal 6 negative split I didn't list have fun, enjoy the experience, see the beauty, all those other very important goals....for me, those are givens. No matter what the results are I will always meet those goals.
    Evryday – nice goals! 5 comfortably-paced miles (ave 10:05) in a rainy 67 degrees. The offending toe settled down after the first mile, and my mile #3 I was feeling The Return Of The Sproink, but held back from trying to fly. Want to see my new house?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

thanks Holly, and BEAUTIFUL new house. I recall you mentioning how small your previous house was. This looks very spacious. I bet the kids are loving it!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Eight easy miles along the Pawcatuck River loop yesterday afternoon. Very nice. I added the rest of the story to my non-racing report last night. Long-Suffering may never speak to me again.
          Yeah Holly! A return of the sproink and successful house closings. Awesome! Evryday----Good Luck! Run the first 20 miles with your head and the last six with your heart-----and the whole thing with a smile. Find your bubble and run strong. I went for a three mile walk with my husband at 6:30 AM (the kiddo slept over at a friend's house) and I may bike with friends later if the rain holds off (cooler at 50F with rain on the way today). We went to see "Young at Heart" last night---the documentary about Northampton's (my town) Young at Heart chorus that has a minimum age of 70 years-old. The film won awards at Sundance and is doing very well now across the country. It's poignant and fabulous---made even more special since we know many featured. Check it out! Many clips on You Tube as well. Everyone left the theater with wet faces and smiles. Running Times and The Syracuse Chargers (track club) magazines came in the mail yesterday, so I have some good reading on tap for later. CNYrunner
            I had a split foyer a while back (in a previous legal arrangement). I really liked that house a lot, but of course it had to be sold at the time. Best of luck with your new home! No run for me today -- still recovering. PDR is out there, though. She's still under the weather, so this is her first run after the race.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

5 easy miles for me & DW this beautiful morning although storms on the way later today. Holly congrats on the new home & your Boston experience. Glad the toe is better. Evryday you have set nice goals for your 1st marathon, the finish strong one will be the toughest. Headed to Cleveland today for a wedding. Everyone have a great Weekend....

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

PJH

Nice house Holly! Good luck in building lots of memories. Easy 5.3 miles in sunny, cool temps (IRCs) ... 51:58 ... 9:48 pace ...134 hr. I think the legs will be sore for a while so plan on easy running for the next week or so. Another Boston moment - when I was at the half-way point, the balls of my feet suddenly became very sore, especially the right one. I thought I had broken something and actually had to run for some distance with toes curled. Not sure what caused that, except maybe the downhill running where I may have been landing forward (I'm normally more of a heel striker). Anyway, the soreness was there again today after about 3 miles. Ah well, this old body ain't what it used to be. Smile Off to see my running friends at Starbucks and share our memories from Boston. While we were racing that day, there was a flurry of emailing activity going on back home. One of our friends collected all the emails and packaged them up for the five of us who ran Boston. What special people! Btw - I'm wearing my jacket and medal proudly this morning. Have a great day everyone! PJ
                  evryday - you've got it just right. You're going to have a fantastic experience. Holly - your new house is wonderful! Enjoy the fun of settling in and making it a home. Still feeling carpy, but I couldn't stand staying inside on such a beautiful morning. So - 3.0 miles on dead legs at 10:26 pace that felt much harder. But the bright sunshine, cherry blossoms, tulips and green lawns cheered me up. Today's goal is to stay awake for most of the day. It seems like all I've been doing is sleep. That's so-not-me.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Renee the dog

Holly, nice new house!!! Was out promptly at 6 a.m. for a 4 miler with Renee. Probably our last run on the boardwalk until October, as there were actually people out there at 6! Well, I don't count the locals. Can't be setting a bad example for the part-timers, as dogs aren't allowed on the boardwalk. And yes, that makes me a delinquent. Black eye I think I have hit a new phase in my running. For the first couple years, I found it hard to find the time to fit all my runs in without a lot of scheduling. Now, I'm finding it hard to NOT find time to run. I've just started running 5 days/week v. 4, but it's not difficult finding the time. Yahoo!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Holly Beautiful house...enjoy! Off today before tomorrow's 38K with L Spending the afternoon in the Byward Market and downtown sightseeing with C (our second date). A beautiful and intelligent french woman. I have to say it's so nice to be with a woman who's first language is french like me. Hope the weather stays dry so we can languish in the parks and along the canal and have a nice lunch somewhere along the way in a bistrol. Have great runs and days my friends. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

dg.

good morning! Holly I'm so glad it all worked out. What a great house! What do the kids think? Happy sproink. Soon you'll fly at the Flying Pig, yes? evryday, good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to hear how it goes. hope you're feeling better soon, PDR. {{{pj's foot}}} That was nice of your friend. Glad it's cold enough for your jacket! Tall, have fun. You too, Sarge. For here, just early morning garden cleanup, some house work, & Pilates. Yoga later on. I got a late start & I hate that! I always want to get any crosstraining done while it's still dark, otherwise I feel llike I'm behind all day. have to go see what PBJ did.

The Jogger

Afternoon gang, Holly love the house, Evryday good luck run well, PDR hope it goes soon, Tall good luck on your date. Today I ran my longest ever distance, it was a 20 miler, the first 10 went really well, the last 10 was a struggle with the heat but I'm pleased with myself. It was very slow but hey I did it. 20m 03:55:32 @ 11:47 pace AHR 151 71% Good Runs All Roy Hi Debbie, it's good to slow up and get behind, enjoy it Smile
                          Mariposai

Nice house Holly. Let me known when the open house is gonna be. No run yet, but I am gearing up to go to a Sports Fair where I am going to have a booth to promote our Community Wellness program and the Walk/run I organize for the Hospital in the fall. I will have a drawing contest for this year's run event logo among the kids. The winner will get a bike an a helmet. Go racers go!!!!!!!!! Joyous weekend to all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

seemomgo

Hey Roy! Congratulations on your 20 miler!!! We have terrible wind again this morning so off to the gym I went. 3 miles treadmill, 20 mins eliptical and 15 minutes bike. I really have to get more comfortable with the weigts and start using them. I have a personal trainer session on Tuesday to learn all about the machines. They intimidate me. Off to pick kids up from their technical conference/competition this morning. The house has been pretty quiet for the last few days without them! By the way, where is Ilene? I am anxious to hear about her Boston experience!
                                ..........Great House holly//......... .....Good Racing to Ya everydy//........enjoy, youve earned it........ .. .TAX FREE DAY in Tennessee==>>thus, am being taken Shopping Against My Will..... ...................good running to the rest of ya....... ================ ,,,,,ps,,,,,,sorry, I was trying something

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....