Masters Running

Friday - 08/30/13 - Happy Start to the Labor Day Weekend (Read 42 times)

evanflein

Oh Good Grief. Roll eyes

Lovely photo, Leslie. And I sure hope the job thing works out. We'll all vouch for you if you need references!

Took the day off work and got to do what I love to do... not much of anything! Puttered around the house a bit, but ran some errands, took a load to the recycling center, did some shopping, cleaned up around here... just the sort of stuff that you always say during the week "I really need to get to that..." but you don't get to it and it just builds up and adds to the stress of life. So... there's that.

No results posted yet from my race last night. I know I took a few minutes off last year's time (about 3), but I'm curious to know how I did overall. Last year I was 10th among women, and I think there were more runners last night. Would be cool to move up, but it's not a series race for me so it doesn't really matter, other than curiosity factor.

4.1 easy miles this afternoon just to get out and shake out the legs. This is supposed to be a "cutback" week, but if I run as planned this weekend, I'll have over 50 miles again. Not much of a cutback, but oh well. One more big week next week and then a 2 week taper. I've been enjoying these high mileage weeks. It seems that 50+ is my "sweet spot" for mileage in terms of not being concerned about what I eat. I like that!

Mariposai

50+ miles per week is also my sweet spot where I do not have to worry about my food intake, but I ran only 4 miles this week, but the tummie sure kept begging for the high caloric consumption I enjoyed during our hike.Roll eyes.

I worked only until 1pm today, so I had the rest of the afternoon to do some light home=caring, deeper cleaning comes tomorrow since we will have a going away party for son David on Sunday. I got to play lawn keeper tonight as I mowed the almost feet long grass...wow, the grass sure grew so much in the two weeks we were gone.

As I said, no running, but I got in 45' of core plus lawn care!

I hope to test the legs again tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Never thought about a sweet spot in running but mine must be 45 miles, . .. per month.

will find out at the end of September about lottery entry for the 2/23/14 Tokyo Marathon

Maybe the third time's the charm. I hope so.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

What a way to start the day leslie.

Here's hoping the third time is the charm.

Bowling cross training. I've only two bowling shirts. As this was more of a laid back event, I went with the laid back shirt. Noah had the same idea.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Love this Geico commercial re woodchucks.

I watched this 3 times, and laughed out loud every time....Big grin

You dang woodchucks!  Quit chuckin' my wood!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."