Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily 8.19.14 (Read 42 times)

I am still alive, just swamped.

I have been skimming and did notice the awesome marathon by Erika, and Dave signing up and running a pretty good half marathon at night.

I can be the WA state for the hottub 50 state challenge!!

I had a nice 9 mile hike with Mr. C on Sunday.  After just 2.7 miles of hiking, I turned to him and said that it was already harder than the 10 miler I ran the day before (doesn't elevation factor in here too? - 5 - 6K ft up?).  But the terrain turned into a meadow, and we walked towards a gorgeous view of Mt. Rainier.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16882609@N05/14975616715/

Since then, I have just been catching up on sleep, and shuttling the kids around to their camps, and working.  I really do hope to run tomorrow morning.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

wow, that's enough to make anyone want to go for a run,

if not jump in the canal for a 2.4 mile swim.

whatr an IIM  venue that would be.

It can't be that cold can it?

nice hint.

ps starr - I'll be there.

Holly, skip the underwear running til we get to Mexico.

Ran 3 miles this afternoon after two weather-delayed plane trips.  But in a MILLION years you won't guess where I ran today!  Said to the guy at the hotel desk, "Anywhere I can run around here?"  He looked at me like I was nuts.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

In case such stylish attire, note hat, causes any one

to overlook my shoes too, please note I don't have any.  

Frank Maier Marathon (Juneau, Alaska - 7/26/2014)

i

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Erika's shoes? It's hard to get past her smile. (((((Abby)))))

hhmmmm "pace snail".....I like it.

This race is called the "Superhero Underwear 5k/10k."   You can run as a superhero, or in your underwear, or in your superhero underwear.  When you register, you have to choose whether you will be a runner or a superhero.    I will tell you that I am NOT running in my underwear.  My girlfriends Renee and Tara are running in Superman and Batman shirts, with capes, so I decided to be different and got an Incredible Hulk shirt and some green hair paint.  Should be fun.

Happy Tuesday!

It does sound like fun!

That trail looks greta, Enke.

I've got tickets to visit Dad in New Port Richey,  FL Christmas week. He doesn't know it yet. So far, the plan is to show up on his doorstep in a Santa suit. There's a 5K + swim on the 27th in Tampa. It's making my brain hurt.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Ribs - that is not unlike the river path I am blessed to run on daily.

Enke - gorgeous!

{{{Abby}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

how about a 50-state hot tub club.

I'd like to be in this club...but it might get me in hot water...

King of PhotoShop

They were orange shorts and a blue top, with orange and blue New Balance Fresh Foam shoes.

Another 3 on the Canal this morning.  Home tonight.  Beautiful here.   Spareribs