Masters Running

Intrepid Racers - January 1 & ahead!! (Read 59 times)

#artbydmcbride

I have some Dia de los Muertos themed running stuff I will be wearing.  

Portland sounds tempting...it has to be cooler than here (103)

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yikes!

Portland's 7am start this year was a nice 57-degrees w/no wind

got up to seventies by noon-time

got up to 81 for those of us taking longer than six hours

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

1/17/16 stealth.rnr St Pete Beach Classic HM

1/31/16  stealth.rnr Celebration, Florida FM

an amazing likeness

I've been neglecting my calendar...perhaps it's a hidden hope of not having to face winter coming...who knows (shrug).

10/25 milktruck - WMM Half Marathon, N. Conway, NH  (tentative)

10/25 milktruck - Great Pumpkin 10K, Saco, ME (tentative vs WMM half)

10/31 milktruck - Great Osprey 10K Ocean Run, Freeport, ME

11/08 milktruck - Seacoast Half Marathon, Portsmouth, NH

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I've been neglecting my calendar...perhaps it's a hidden hope of not having to face winter coming...who knows (shrug).

10/25 milktruck - WMM Half Marathon, N. Conway, NH  (tentative)

10/25 milktruck - Great Pumpkin 10K, Saco, ME (tentative vs WMM half)

10/31 milktruck - Great Osprey 10K Ocean Run, Freeport, ME

11/08 milktruck - Seacoast Half Marathon, Portsmouth, NH

have fun at the SEacoast--I waffled long enough so it filled without me.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

an amazing likeness

If you're planning on being in ME, or just want another half option...take a look at the Moose Pond Half in Bridgton ME on 11/7. Nice race.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

mrrun

There's a hilly half in Newton MA on the same day, which I'm running with DD & DS

coastwalker

Hi Ilene,

Sadly, I won't be racing the WMM Half (one of my favorite races) on Oct. 25 because of a nagging injury and not nearly enough training.

Stumpy - Milktruck is right about the Moose Pond Half;  small race, scenic course, and some hills to embrace. You can still get into the Seacoast Half if you want to bid on the last remaining entries in an online auction (http://www.biddingowl.com/Auction/home.cfm?auctionID=6064&CFID=10904276&CFTOKEN=27289916)

Milktruck - I hope to catch up with you at the Seacoast Half!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Hi Ilene,

I normally don't post races, but ...

11/14/15 mrrun  Stratham 5K - 3 generations of us - DD, & GD

11/14/15 henrun Stratham 5K

thanks for doing this, Marj

Henrun

Also for me:

11/715 Run For All Ages 5K- Wakefield, Ma

12/20/15 Jingle Bell Run 5K Cambridge Ma.

Don't post here much any more but always make sure to get on your calendar.  Thanks!

11/14  Opie - Desert Dash Trail Half Marathon, Las Cruces, NM

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hilene - nothing like a last-minute entry but it took until today

to get rid of the persisting soreness from last Saturday’s Carkeek 12-hour Fun Run.

11/7 tetsujin - In Unity We Run Marathon (Seattle) - jikatabi

ps - half fun in Santa Clarita

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Heylene - how's the fall weather down there?

After running round-and-round Carkeek Park’s 1.93 mile perimeter two weeks ago for twelve hours in a driving rain and winds so fierce that two branches broke off and fell right in front of me on consecutive laps, another one right beside me a little later and large widow maker blocking the trail in front of me after that,
                            and,
                            after running for nearly seven hours in a steady rain in last weekend’s In Unity We Run Marathon commemorating the running of the New York Marathon after 9/11,
                            what’s a guy supposed to do when there’s a storm with heavy rains and winds coming in again this weekend to say nothing of flood warnings to boot but go run another marathon? 
                            Fortunately, it’s mostly along a bike path with little tree cover with branches to break off.
                            11/14 tetsujin - First Call Veteran’s Day Marathon (Bothell, WA) - thongs

hey, with the extended forecast predicting rain for the Thanhksgiving weekend, I might as well sign up for the Wishbone too.  It kind of helps that they're all local freebies or food donation fundraisers.

11/27 tetsujin - Grandpa's Wishbone Ultrabone 27-mile (Kent, WA) - barefoot

#artbydmcbride

Hi Tetsujin!  It is finally chilly here (48 degrees!)  but still sunny and dry.  Please send that rain down south to us please!

Runners run

I'm running Mill Cities Relay this Sunday Dec 6 - supposed to do the 9.5 mile leg but might have to trade for something shorter because of this cough!

12/20 - Somerville Jingle Bell 5k, Somerville, MA

Thanks Ilene!!

denise