Masters Running

April Fools Daily, 4.1.14 (Read 46 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Nice run in the relative warmth, Jlynne - glad you took advantage of the good weather.

Good pool work, TW.

I hope your sinuses are better today, Deeze.

Yep, it'll be interesting to see how the new rules play out in Boston this year, Ribs.

NHLA, sometimes i think I hear runners coming up behind me in the morning quiet, but it has just been the swishing of my jacket bouncing off the trees as I go by - maybe something like your screaming sounding like it was behind you in the wind yesterday. Did you think you were chasing yourself??

Tselbes, I can't imagine doing 167 races in a year! That's dedication - and a lot of free time.

Nice Boston-prep run, CNY! I saw your photo on the site from your race on Sunday - you looked good and graceful, as usual. Yes, the roads in Westfield were probably at their post-winter worst, as they are all over New England.

Twocat, for our half, the person responsible for each water stop is required to attend a meeting several weeks before the race to ensure they understand everything that is expected of them and their crews. Their jobs are as important as any other that day, and it is our job to help them do it right. I think every volunteer at every race is well-intentioned. But some may not have had their jobs adequately explained to them. Sorry about your snow yesterday. I hope it is gone this morning.

Holly, don't worry about the pace bunny - take care of that heel!

Nice run with the boys, C-R. Sorry about the Cubs...

Sounds like beautiful weather, Mariposai.

Tet, everyone should run Manchester at least once. It is a huge race in a small town, and is a big party from start to finish. It was the first race I ever did, while my BIL was sipping a bloody-mary and watching the race out in front of a local bar. As much as I would have enjoyed the drink, the race was amazing, and started me on a wonderful journey that is still going on.

Nice run in "the heat of the day" Evanflein.

I had planned on going out for some easy miles this morning, but my quads and hammies were protesting too much. So I stayed in and will give these legs that worked so hard on Sunday another day to regroup before I starting taking them out for a stroll in the darkness again.

Have a greta and foolish Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

4 miles this morning.  Busy day.  see you tomorrow when the dust clears.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

My vow for the day: I’m gunna train for the Pigtails 100 this year.
        I love being able to say anything I want on April Fool’s Day, . . .
        except when they said the Seahawks traded Russell Wilson for Michael Vick and 13 draft picks.
        ps dave - I always wondered what happened to extra restaurant food. 
        Did you ever work at a grocery store?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Jay, amen on the water stop training.  Every race should do this.

2.4 slow miles, some walking. Going to do some speed tomorrow, then race on Saturday, so this was a bit of a breather.

Oh, did we get hammered by the Phillies yesterday!  ugh. But a great day to be at the ballpark in perfect weather.  Spareribs

Dave59

ps dave - I always wondered what happened to extra restaurant food. 
            Did you ever work at a grocery store?

Yes, I worked at a grocery store in Yellow Springs during my college years too.  Among other tasks, I carried groceries out to people's cars and even to some people's homes.

(Guess I wasn't as busy as I thought because I came back already.)

Henrun

2.5 miles around the reservoir- sunny and beginning to feel like real spring. Fastest reservoir run since pre arthritis episodes last year. I guess I need that warmth.

Happy that baseball season has started- will post appropriate photo.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dave - me too.
                However, the busier you are, the more occasional running board respites seem to help.
                Wow - the Seattle Mariners scored a whopping 10 runs

in overwhelming the Los Angeles Angels on opening day.

I heard another great team scored ten runs too. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Good luck on ORRRC Holly. I should try that one next year.

Very funny tet. Training. ha

Good idea for some rest Jay. You earned it.

Dust Dave?

Nice 10k at lunch. Legs are feeling better. Only 12 days until......

BTW - Lets Run has some really funny headlines on the board today.

Post those photos hen. He're my season in a nutshell.

Enjoying his walk off 10th inning homer

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

#artbydmcbride

I have decided to quit running.  I am going to take up quilting instead. 

Runners run

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I have decided to quit running.  I am going to take up quilting instead. 

Made out of race shirts?

and not being April foolish, hope your birthday was fun and exciting. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

#artbydmcbride

Thanks!  Smile

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Birthday ilene.

Maybe do both like Starr

Happy Birthday Ilene!

Oops Sorry Tet! When I said Manchester, I meant the Manchester City Marathon in NH (the one that lamerunner helps direct and lead and that Erika and I have run). The annual Manchester  (CT) Thanksgiving race is of course older with lots of interesting history like Amby’s consecutive record.  Anyway, my barefoot teammate is shooting for a sub-three hr. Boston next. Stay tuned.

9.4 miles at noon uder sunny skies and at 45º! In fact the next several days are boasting of highs in the 50s----yee haw! My legs weren’t totally fried, but this was a time on the feet recovery run according to coach so I ran at 8:45 pace and just enjoyed this peek at spring---no fooling.

mrrun

Happy that baseball season has started- will post appropriate photo.

Henrun's DS and GD

New skirt in town

SUCH a great picture Marj!

I marvel at Karin's "recovery pace".

8.3 miles today with 800m repeats at a pace only somewhat faster than Karin's recovery pace.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA